News:

--

Main Menu

Source code

Started by ClemD, June 17, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClemD

Hi there,

I'm currently beginning an internship in which my job is to find and/or create a video editing software. First task is, while reading a video, to manually add markers (e.g. from 0:00 to 0:12 : 1st category, then from 0:15 to 1:25 : 2nd category, then  from 1:25 to 1:30 : 1st category again, etc), in order to cut the video and then merge the pieces by categories.

Of course I'm not asking you to do my job ; only thing is where can I find the last stable version source code for windows ?
And is it already possible to do the job with avidemux ?

Looking forward to hearing from you ! :)

All the best,

ClemD

ClemD

Thanks !

I'll probably get stuck sooner or later, get ready to see me again ;)

Jan Gruuthuse

just remember: I'm only daily avidemux user, not one of the developers.

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 18, 2013, 09:38:05 AM
just remember: I'm only daily avidemux user, not one of the developers.

Oh, ok.

Is there any developer on this forum ? If none, where is it possible to contact them ?

Thanks for your help :)

EDIT : mean is one, isn't he ? I found his nickname in the source code.

Jan Gruuthuse

posting in this forum is best way for questions/contact.

ClemD

Ok, thanks :)

I didn't really do what was advocated in your link, partly because I found it was quite uneasy to do so, and partly because the final goal was to obtain an executable, which was not what I wanted (perhaps was I wrong ?).

Instead, I downloaded the source code of the 2.6.4 version (thanks to your link), using 7-zip to extract and Code::Blocks to read it.

I also installed avidemux to see how it works for user.

What I'm looking for now is where is the code about cutting a video ? There's something about markers I believe when doing so, I'd like to study what has been done so far.

I forgot to mention I'm a newbie, I only know basic c++ and principles of object-oriented programming.

ClemD

Quote from: ClemD on June 19, 2013, 10:36:20 AM
What I'm looking for now is where is the code about cutting a video ? There's something about markers I believe when doing so, I'd like to study what has been done so far.

Ok, so here is what I found out so far :

- markers A and B are attributes of the class ADM_Composer which is defined in the avidemux\common\ADM_editor\include\ADM_edit.h file

- getters and setters relative to these markers are detailled in avidemux\common\ADM_editor\src\ADM_edMarker.cpp file.

Now my question is : in which files are they used ?

ClemD

Hi there again,

I'd like to know how and/or in which files are the pics in avidemux\common\ADM_icons connected to the source code.

Did a research with the "markA.png" (and "markA" only) button but didn't find anything. Did another one with "pics" but didn't find a script to convert all icons names.

Hope I'll get a response from developpers this time ! Thanks

mit

I think files you needed are in:
avidemux/qt4/ for Qt interface and avidemux/gtk for GTK interface and relevant sub-directories.
But as i see your questions, i recommended to you, to leave this job and switch to playing games or something like.....  ;D

ClemD

Quote from: mit on June 26, 2013, 05:55:47 AM
I think files you needed are in:
avidemux/qt4/ for Qt interface and avidemux/gtk for GTK interface and relevant sub-directories.

Thank you :)

But there are still many files in avidemux/qt4/ and avidemux/gtk, do you more precisely where what I'm looking for may be ?

But as i see your questions, i recommended to you, to leave this job and switch to playing games or something like.....  ;D

;D

Well, that's not possible ;)

I'm actually a student and I have to do an internship. I've never worked as developper on a software as sophisticated as this one (and that's why I'm calling myself a newbie ;)), but I see this internship as an opportunity for me to improve myself in developping =)

As I'm a newbie, I'd like to start from avidemux and to modify it the way my boss wants.
The company I'm working in is not about computing, so I have to work alone. That's why I'm looking for some help here, sometimes ;)

PS : English isn't my native language so I may be unclear and do mistakes. Please apology and don't hesitate to ask me to say it another way ;)

mit

Quote from: ClemD on June 26, 2013, 07:21:07 AM
PS : English isn't my native language so I may be unclear and do mistakes. Please apology and don't hesitate to ask me to say it another way ;)
A ha ha ha...,that's my biggest problem.Furthermore i've never learned English, so more bad.  :-[
I'm also not developer.I think Avidemux is good, but too big for your project.Why don't look for anything more simple as TSMuxer (archive can be extracted with 7zip) for example.

P.S.: By the way, i appreciated you perceive my jokes.

ClemD

Quote from: mit on June 26, 2013, 09:06:26 AM
Quote from: ClemD on June 26, 2013, 07:21:07 AM
A ha ha ha...,that's my biggest problem.Furthermore i've never learned English, so more bad.  :-[

I can speak French too ;)

I think Avidemux is good, but too big for your project.Why don't look for anything more simple as TSMuxer (archive can be extracted with 7zip) for example.

Well, the idea was to have a software that can do many jobs, and some of them avidemux already does :)

Furthermore, what I wanted to do was not to understand the whole software, but only the parts that could help me (actually I'm trying to understand what happens when users click on the mark A button, from the event to the modification of the attribute markerAPts). And I don't think that this is too big :)

P.S.: By the way, i appreciated you perceive my jokes.

Glad to read that :)

mit

More of icons in avidemux/common/ADM_icons are for GTK interface.Perhaps Glade (tool for development of user interfaces for the GTK+), may help you to find more easy what you heed.
Оtherwise see in avidemux/gtk/ADM_UIs/src/gtkmarkscale.c  whether will you help!

ClemD

Quote from: mit on June 26, 2013, 10:31:45 AM
Оtherwise see in avidemux/gtk/ADM_UIs/src/gtkmarkscale.c  whether will you help!

Thank you for your help :D

It seems getmarkscale is more about navigating on the reading bar and jumping to markers, which is quite interesting for me but not for the moment (I'd like to begin by adding two buttons that do the same as current markers A et B). Am I wrong ? :)

I'd really appreciate if a developer (mean ?) could help me =)

mit, you told me you weren't a developer, but it seems you're not a complete newbie, are you ? ;)