News:

--

Main Menu

v.2.6.4: issue converting to mp3 lame ???

Started by blinkky, June 23, 2013, 04:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blinkky

I have version 2.6.4 of avidemux running on windows.

My source file is a mpeg-ts with 6ch AC3 audio.

I want to encode to mpeg4-xvid/mp3.

The video conversion works fine with all audio encoding types except with the mp3 lame encoder: Avidemux immediately close when encoding begins.

I don't have this problem with avidemux 2.5.6.

I looked for a solution on the web, without success. I tried to find a new version of the plugin file : libADM_ae_lame.dll ..... without success. I even took the dll of version 2.5.6 but version 2.6 does not recognize.

I do not know what to do to fix the problem and I want to use the most recent version of avidemux.

Thank you very much

Jan Gruuthuse

Some info is missing: 2.6.4 avidemux revision nÃ,°. Windows version, 32-bit or 64-bit.
Check you have latest avidemux r8736 found here: http://avidemux.org/nightly/
Please download this 7zip sample: 3satAC3toMP3.7z 12.2 Mb. Unpack with 7zip and see if you have the same issue. Contains 2 files:
- 4trackaudio1AC3.ts: 3sat mpeg-ts HD video 4 audio tracks with track 0 having ac3.
- 4trackaudio1AC3toMP3.mkv the above video with converted ac3 track to mp3 with lame done with 2.4.6 r.
Load 4trackaudio1AC3.ts in avidemux. from main menu: Audio: Select Track. In Audio Tracks Configuration window: leave all tracks enabled. For Track 1 select for copy MP3 (lame), press ok and save video.
If this works, provide a sample of your kind of mpeg-ts causing this issue: maximum 5 seconds in duration or 20 MB in size and upload to mega, rapidshare or similar webservice and provide a publicly available download link to it.
AC3 is stereo couldn't find a 5.1 for now.

Jan Gruuthuse

Just recorded ac3 5.1 mpeg-ts. And did test again. If just setting audio to MP3 (lame)
You should have had these pop-up info windows:
InfoAudio and upon pressing [OK] followed by InfoFailed
When saving AC3 5.1 channels with mp3 lame you need to apply filter in this way: see RemixToStereo
Download ac3-5.1.7z 6.2 MB  containing test files:
- ac3-5.1.ts (source)
- ac3-5.1toMP3.mkv (saved)

blinkky

Yes..... !

It works with the stereo filter.

Thanks a lot.