--

Main Menu

Won't save sound when AAC Faac is used

Started by Grobe, July 11, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grobe

Environoment:
Avidemux 2.6.4 (r8763)

When the settings below (text from project file) is used, Avidemux doesn't save any sound. I tried both AVI and MP4 container, but with same result, no sound.

However, Later I tried to recreate the error on Windows XP with Avidemux 2.6.4 (r8751), and the output audio sounds just fine.
Since I don't know for sure what setting (if any) what makes Avidemux fail to insert sound, I paste the contents of the project file I saved.

Project file for settings that leads to a output file without:
#PY  <- Needed to identify #
#--automatically built--

adm = Avidemux()
adm.loadVideo("D:/<filePathHere>/IMG_0602.MOV")
adm.clearSegments()
adm.addSegment(0, 0, 31593000)
adm.markerA = 0
adm.markerB = 30025000
adm.videoCodec("x264", "general.params=AQ=23", "general.threads=99", "general.fast_first_pass=False", "level=4294967295", "vui.sar_height=1", "vui.sar_width=1", "MaxRefFrames=3", "MinIdr=25", "MaxIdr=250", "i_scenecut_threshold=40"
, "intra_refresh=False", "MaxBFrame=3", "i_bframe_adaptive=2", "i_bframe_bias=0", "i_bframe_pyramid=2", "b_deblocking_filter=True", "i_deblocking_filter_alphac0=0", "i_deblocking_filter_beta=0", "cabac=True"
, "interlaced=False", "constrained_intra=False", "tff=True", "fake_interlaced=False", "analyze.b_8x8=True", "analyze.b_i4x4=True", "analyze.b_i8x8=True", "analyze.b_p8x8=True", "analyze.b_p16x16=True"
, "analyze.b_b16x16=True", "analyze.weighted_pred=2", "analyze.weighted_bipred=True", "analyze.direct_mv_pred=1", "analyze.chroma_offset=0", "analyze.me_method=1", "analyze.me_range=16", "analyze.mv_range=-1"
, "analyze.mv_range_thread=-1", "analyze.subpel_refine=10", "analyze.chroma_me=True", "analyze.mixed_references=True", "analyze.trellis=1", "analyze.psy_rd=1.000000", "analyze.psy_trellis=0.000000", "analyze.fast_pskip=True"
, "analyze.dct_decimate=True", "analyze.noise_reduction=0", "analyze.psy=True", "analyze.intra_luma=11", "analyze.inter_luma=21", "ratecontrol.rc_method=0", "ratecontrol.qp_constant=0", "ratecontrol.qp_min=10"
, "ratecontrol.qp_max=51", "ratecontrol.qp_step=4", "ratecontrol.bitrate=0", "ratecontrol.rate_tolerance=1.000000", "ratecontrol.vbv_max_bitrate=0", "ratecontrol.vbv_buffer_size=0", "ratecontrol.vbv_buffer_init=0"
, "ratecontrol.ip_factor=1.400000", "ratecontrol.pb_factor=1.300000", "ratecontrol.aq_mode=1", "ratecontrol.aq_strength=1.000000", "ratecontrol.mb_tree=True", "ratecontrol.lookahead=40")
adm.addVideoFilter("MplayerDenoise3D", "luma=4.000000", "chroma=3.000000", "temporal=6.000000")
adm.audioClearTracks()
adm.audioAddTrack(0)
adm.audioCodec(0, "Faac", "bitrate=64");
adm.audioSetDrc(0, 0)
adm.audioSetShift(0, 0,0)
adm.setContainer("AVI", "odmlType=1")

Jan Gruuthuse

If audio tracks (not channels) don't match up, that could explain. 3 tracks could pose another issue in avi.
If dts that could/would also pose problems.
If you have a choice don't use avi containers, use mkv, mp4, ... some containers are more strict then another.

Grobe

I cannot answer on that. From my point of wiew I cannot see that I have done anything wrong. However, since I'm not an expert, I can not be sure.

Can you give me an example where audio tracks doesn't "match up"? What is the user doing wrong to get in that situation?

Thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

When you save a project based on 2 audio tracks: one stereo and one AC3 then you have 2 audio tracks.
A saved recording from dvb-s2 can have one or more tracks. You can check this from the Main menu: Audio: Select Track:

When you load a video in to avidemux and you play video: do you have sound? When you make your settings and you use preview and play video: do you have sound?
If multiple tracks switch audio track and check if you have sound now.
One track could be an audio descriptive track, and sometimes this is present and no audio is on it. If this one is used while encoding you would have video without sound.
If the audio track is DTS you could have problems, ...

Are we still talking about these: Source file (MOV) taken from a Fujifilm HS-10 camera?

Grobe

Checked.

There is only one audio track avaiable in the list of audio tracks.

I have sound when I play the video from within Avidemux. I also have sound when selecting other audio formats, like mp3. It's only when "AAC Faac" i selected, that makes Avidemux fails to insert sound in a video output file.

The source video clips for this specific fault is coming from an old iPhone that saves videos in mov container having a resolution of just 640x480. I doesn't have that phone for the moment so I'm not able to upload a sample file yet.

Jan Gruuthuse

The track was there, it was only silent: no audio in it. That was weird.
Anyway this seems to be working. Load video and then run this tinypy project from main menu and save the video.
If you're happy with the result, you could put this project into ~/.avidemux6/custom.
Every time you have loaded such a iPhone video, you can then apply this from main menu Custom where it should show up as iPhoneToAACFaac.

Grobe

I haven't access to the specific iPhone right now so I cannot test.

Will it still work if I make change to video encoding after loading the project, or will the sound still be muted?

Jan Gruuthuse

You load the video, you run the tinypy project from previous posting. And let us know if that did work.
QuoteWill it still work if I make change to video encoding after loading the project
It was your project, did just modify audio part. When you loaded video and applied tinypy project you should be able to see the settings in avidemux and those that did change in the audio part.