News:

--

Main Menu

Combining Clips

Started by baaadmoon, August 05, 2013, 12:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baaadmoon

Is there any way to combine, say, three edited clips into one clip?  That is, you choose 'A' & 'B' points on three different clips.  Save them.  Then I'd like to put them together, end-to-end and save into one clip.

Is this possible with Avidemux?

Thank you.

AQUAR

Is possible.
Try "File Append"

macduke

...but don't forget to check that all the parts have the same codecs and frame dimensions...  :)

baaadmoon

Okay.  All 3 files (File 01, File 02, File 03) have same attributes.  I open File 01, mark 'A' & 'B' edit points, then Save?  Then click File Append?  Then open File 02, mark 'A' & 'B' edit points, then Save? Then click File Append? Then open File 03, mark 'A' & 'B' edit points, then Save?

When I do this, I get one file with only the LAST file, File 03.  I want to combine File 01, File 02, File 03.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.  Can U step me through the procedure to combine the 3 files intro one using File append?

Thanks

AQUAR

I think you are doing it wrong, but haven't used this function myself for a long time now.

From your description it may be that you keep cutting out the previously loaded file with the editing functions.
I am going to assume that you do not actually want to edit any of these files whilst trying to add them together.

So try this process:
Load the first one
Then use append to add the second one to the end of the first one
Then use append again to add the third one to the end of the second one.
Then save.

None of these steps involve setting the A and B edit markers or intermediate saves.
Append just means adding to the end of what is already loaded.