News:

--

Main Menu

win 32bits vs 64bits builds

Started by macduke, August 05, 2013, 01:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macduke

Hi.
I have experienced some problems in win64 built version.
win32 builds are more stable than win64 were I found a lot of stuck or crash not present in win32.
Moreover I guess why 7z packed build of win32 is 22Mb while win64 is 16Mb only.... strange...
For these reasons I decided to use win64 build for 2.5.6-1 (it seems ok) but win32 build for 2.6.x (nightly updated).
Am I wrong?

mean

The latest nightlies of win64 should behave the same as win32
2.5.x is different. It works fine for non h264, strict CFR files, and will cause sync issue for anything else.

macduke

Hi again.

Do you mean that 22Mb vs 16Mb size is due just to a different compiler?

About 2.5.x, could you please clarify what do you mean with "sync issues"?
I guess: only with h264 and/or the source is transport stream you could have sync issues?

Thanx.

mean

compiler + some plugins might be missing in the win64 versions

2.5:
If you deal with mpegTS or some mkv/mp4 you might end up with audio/video sync issue
H264 : you will have problems

mean

additionnaly the win32 verson is partially compiled in debug mode

thany

Yeah where is the win64 version anyway? On SF.net I could only find the x86 version... I honestly remember there being x64 versions.

thany

What are you trying to say?

"Warning : For serious stuff, please use 2.5" -> what? why? 2.6 is a mainstream release, is it not?
Get the source and compile it myself? Lemme see, no.
Go to http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/ ? Because that's down.

So again, where is the x64 version then?

mean

thany

That's not "the x64 version" iyam. They are nightlies, and no installers. I would rather use a stable version (or one that's as stable as it gets at least).
Obviously x64 doesn't get the same attention as the x86 version... Even though x64 is equally important, at least.

AQUAR

@ thany
Don't be so one sided in your responses.
If you peruse the other threads in this forum you will find some answers.
Like: There is an installer version if you look for it and razorbyte down was recently explained etc etc.
Appreciate that this is a free program that is under development by a few volunteers.

thany

I do appreciate, but your replies felt like "here is a bit of information, go figure it it out or play somewhere else".
You should realize I'm asking a very normal question, and just pointing me to another thread and expecting me to magically understand is considered rude in many cultures.

Also, you can't expect me to keep up with everything. I assume you do, but I don't. And you also can't expect me to plow through goodness-knows-how-many threads in order to find what I'm looking for, which is something in this case, that should be obvious even without the forums.

Look, it's no rocket science to put the x64 installer in the downloads where the 32-bits installer is. It will certainly prevent questions like this.
You know, just put the isntaller here. How hard can it be? It can't be more than 5 minutes work. I'd do it myself if I knew how, and if I finally understood where this magical x64 installer might be.

zakk

Quote from: thany on August 13, 2013, 04:01:56 PMjust pointing me to another thread and expecting me to magically understand is considered rude in many cultures.
See what I mean this time, Aquar ?

Jan Gruuthuse

@zakk: Yeah and why don't you deal with it.

AQUAR

@zakk:
Nothing constructive!
How about you help this person instead.
@thany:
Sorry mate, I was just suggesting a bit of self help with the items you raised.
Hopefully someone has the time needed to better help you out.