grateful "whiner" feature request (watch at faster speeds in Windows)

Started by StillLearning, August 10, 2013, 06:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StillLearning

Thank you for sharing a great product.

I'm a student.  I simply want to be able to watch lectures at 1.25 or 1.5 or 1.75 or 2x regular speed, and I want to easily extract important clips from videos.  Avidemux almost fits the bill (with the exception of being able to watch at faster speeds).

Handbrake is great for conversions with no watching.

VLC is great for watching at faster speeds and taking screen shots, but extracting clips is a major inconvenience because you have to record it while you watch it, but you don't know you want to export a clip until after you've seen it so you can't go back and make markers to export...

Kate's video toolkit exports clips well, but watching is no good.

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 won't export clips using the video/audio it was fed, etc.

I just tried a few others including Windows Movie Maker, VSDC Movie Editor, etc.

All the applications are "close" but VLC and Avidemux are the closest.  I know I'm not the only student who is trying to accomplish this.  I've got 6-8 hours a day of videos to watch and rewatch, and rewatch on account of my head being so thick...  It would be awesome to be able to have my cake and eat it, too -by using one application for watching/extracting clips.  I think I'm going to use VLC to watch and keep Avidemux open to extract clips, but I wish I had all my eggs in one basket.

Please consider adding the ability to watch videos at faster speeds.  Also, that wheel thing next to the volume controls seems like it was designed to rewind/fast-forward at fast speeds, but it doesn't work for me.

Gratefully and hopefully and respectfully