News:

--

Main Menu

No Audio in Avidemux2

Started by HandyGeek, September 17, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyGeek

I'm using Avidemux 2.5.6 in Linux

I can play the source .MOD file from a Canon camcorder in VLC with both audio & video.

If I Append the same .MOD to a Project which begins with some frames to which no audio has been added yet I can view the video but get no audio.

The original Codec, per VLC, is:  AC3 (a52), Stereo, 48000Hz, Bitrate 256kbs

VLC shows the video as Stream 0 and the audio as Stream 1.

I tried to Save as Video and observed that nothing was being written to the Audio file.

Any thoughts as to why Avidemux2 is not handling the audio?

Any thoughts as to how I fix this, please?

Thanks!

HandyGeek

Perhaps I should frame my question differently ...

If you were to Append a 1.5 minute Project with a 10 minute .MOD audio-video file from a camcorder are there specific settings somewhere which are necessary to include the audio?

Thanks!

HandyGeek

Here's the Video codec (also per VLC):

MPEG-1/2 video (mpvg)
720 x 480
Frame Rate 59.940060
Decoded Format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

HandyGeek

Talking to myself here is rather uninspiring ... but I'm hoping at some point my explorations may cause someone to spot the problem.

I just read this thread: http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,10519.msg56590.html#msg56590

Then I went back & started fresh - opened Avidemux 2.5.6 then followed these steps:

File --> Open --> testsource1.MOD (this is a brief audio-video clip)

I played it and both audio & video work fine.

File --> Save --> Video --> named it testmod1 (and I changed bottom right tab from All to AVI)

File --> Save Project --> named it test1

File --> Open --> test-abc (this is a previous Project in which I made 60 copies of an image sized to 720 x 480 & tested to work fine).

File --> Save --> Video --> named it test-abc1 (and I changed bottom right tab from All to AVI)

File --> Load/Run Project --> test1

File --> Append --> test-abc1

Played and the first video clip ran fine followed by the 60 frames of the image (test-abc1) just appended.

File --> Open --> testmod2.MOD (this is a similar length but different audio-video clip than the first).

File --> Save --> Video --> named it testmod2 (and I changed bottom right tab from All to AVI)

File --> Load/Run Project --> test1

File --> Append --> testmod2

Played and the first video clip ran fine BUT the 60 frames of the image (the previously appended test-abc1) were "fractalled" & the audio timing was off for the following clip (previously appended testmod2).

Note: If I manually backed up to the start of the second video clip (testmod2) the audio was in sync but if I backed up into the 60 frames of the image segment Avidemux crashed.

WDYT?

mean

2.5.X wasnt changed for the last 3 years, that may explain the lack of replies