News:

--

Main Menu

Plugin Filters

Started by metaspirit, October 21, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaspirit

Hey all  :)

I want to add extra filters to avidemux you get very minimal search results with google something about compiling it to make it work goes over my head it's simple stuff for me :)

you know like copy filters to plugin folder ie virtualdub like.

I would like to add filters from an old version of avidemux like the curves filter i have tried copying the filters .Dll from 2.5.6 into 2.6.6 same location in both and nothing happens or shows up in the filters menu.

Why is it so hard to add extra filters for the everyday type of person and also why is there a lack of any filters or a filters pack installer for avidemux it's a very nice program just lacking the ability to add filters

If there is an up to date version with loads of filters out there i must just be missing it or is there a simple way to do this that someone knows

AQUAR

At least in part the reason is that avidemux 2.6x is a different program under the bonnet.
It negotiates with time codes rather than frame numbers to better deal with AVC variable frame rates.
Probably these older plugins and filters fail in some way with this new way of doing things.

Avisynth and virtualdub filters were mostly designed for the now deprecated VFW framework.
Avidemux is not VFW application so these filters cannot work with avidemux.

Not so sure there is that drive these days to re-create (port) these filters to be compatible.