News:

--

Main Menu

Plans for the new subtitle filter?

Started by tekla, October 28, 2013, 07:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

In the past I've used AviDemux while editing some random videos... The experience has been very useful in these last 2 years.
I now sometimes use AviDemux to make small presentations / discussions in my health practice using small film clips. The one filter I kepp needing to use is the one for subtitles... Thing is I keep using version 2.5.6 for it's srt filter (for it's GUI and preview abilities).

So the question is:
Is the current subtitle plugin plans to make it more like the old srt one?

NaieedHaque

Hi there i was wondering if you can help me solve my solution. I recently just joined Avidemux and how do you open my chosen video so that I can edit the video.

sonico

I've already installed version 2.6.6, because older version (2.5.4) was crashing every time I open HD video. My main need is to embed hardsubs, but in newest version there is no any subtitle filter (even for SSA files). Does anyone know what to do to have this filter in program?

AQUAR

I tried the latest nightly 64 bit for windows in response to another similar thread
http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,13197.0.html

SSA subtitling filter is included and does work if you provide the font files it is lookiing for.

sonico

Yeah, but it is for Windows. I use Ubuntu 13.10, what is more, 32-bit version.

mean

sonico

Nope, I've only installed it via terminal.

mean

sonico

I used this command:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install avidemux2.6

The only one which worked.

sonico

So? Is there any way to add subtitle filter to my version of Avidemux? (Earlier I was using version 2.5.6 but it started to crash on every HD video).

mean

AQUAR

Thought I'd bump this topic as there has been some recent work to add SRT functionality.
Avidemux converts SRT files SSA files that are then used by the subtitles filter.
Not sure if it is fully working in the latest nightly but still worth to try it out.