News:

--

Main Menu

2.6.6 for Snow Leopard anyone?

Started by Alobar, November 25, 2013, 08:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alobar

Is there a version of 2.6.6 anywhere that runs on Snow Leopard (10.6.8)?  If so, please direct me.

Both 2.6.6 and 2.6.4 show a normal icon in my Applications folder.  If it doesnââ,¬â,,¢t run on this OS, isnââ,¬â,,¢t it supposed to have an augmented icon ââ,¬â€ with the crossed-out circle over the normal icon? (Incidentally, that very common symbol does not appear in the Special Characters dialog.  Go figure.)

Thanks.

pedrosensive

styrol

Quote from: pedrosensive on December 30, 2013, 12:12:42 PM
Have you got a solution?
If you are familiar to the command line way of installing Avidemux: http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,9960.msg66912.html#msg66912

There is a good alternative on OS X: You may try QuickTime based MPEG Streamclip which supports saving to AVI, MOV, MP4 and DV as container format:

(1) Install Quicktime 7 (the preinstalled QuickTime X does not the jobââ,¬Â¦)
(2) Install QuickTime Plugin Perian and FlipForMac (the latter only required to handle WMV, ASF files)
(3) Install MPEG Streamclip (a QuickTime based editor and converter)

Use arrow down and arrow up key to navigate from keyframe to keyframe (like in Avidemux).

Mark a selection using the I (IN marker) and O key (OUT marker) and press "cmd +X" to cut the selection.

Use left and arrow right key to navigate from frame to frame (like in Avidemux). Do not use this if you do not want to reencode your video.

"Cmd+S" saves the video in copy mode (no reencoding, no quality loss): Output format: use MP4 if the source format was MP4, use "AVI" if the source format was AVI, use MOV in all other cases (but probably only QuickTime based players will play the output file in the latter case).

Use the Export command in the File menu, if you want to reencode your video to a specific format or if you have to reencode because you didn't cut at keyframes.