2.6.7 Error message "Too short - The Video has been saved but seems to be incom.

Started by Rt6tiFtkPwJb8, December 27, 2013, 01:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rt6tiFtkPwJb8

Hello,

I tested the new version 2.6.7 But if I try to save the cutted file in MPEG PS format,  it tells me "Too short - The Video has been saved but seems to be incomplete.

AVI as save format is working, but I need mpg. With old version 2.5.6 all works fine.

Francois_C

Seems it often happen in Mpeg 2 video with some bad frames (E.G. video stream from DVB), whilst the AVI container seems to accept more errors. I have noticed this for a long time, not only with 2.6.7. Such streams can often be fixed with ProjectX, but it is more tricky to use than with Avidemux.

BTW you're right; I also noticed a different behavior with 2.5: some weeks ago I was processing a DVB MPEG TS stream on Linux which I wanted to convert to MPEG PS with 2.6.7 and it failed, not the same way, but unable to decode. I tried with 2.5, which was still there, and I had not to use ProjectX. But the file was probably corrupt. It often depends upon defects a the beginning of the file.

casey0999

Yes, getting the same error under this version when trying to append one MP4 file to another and save the new combined file.  (I'm using the Output Format "MP4 muxer" - hope I'm doing it correctly!