News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux corrupted some of my clips

Started by rss, December 28, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rss

One of the recent beta versions of Avidemux corrupted some of my clips but I don't know enough about MP4 to fix it myself. MP4box -info gives the following:

* Movie Info *
        Timescale 90000 - Duration 00:43:27.798
        Fragmented File no - 2 track(s)
        File Brand mp42 - version 0
        Created: GMT Sat Jan 05 13:52:00 2013

File has root IOD (9 bytes)
Scene PL 0xff - Graphics PL 0xff - OD PL 0xff
Visual PL: No visual capability required (0xff)
Audio PL: High Quality Audio Profile @ Level 2 (0x0f)
No streams included in root OD

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 90000 - Duration 00:43:27.798
Media Info: Language "Undetermined" - Type "vide:avc1" - 62525 samples
Visual Track layout: x=0 y=0 width=704 height=400
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x21
AVC/H264 Video - Visual Size 704 x 400
        AVC Info: 1 SPS - 1 PPS - Profile High @ Level 3.1
        NAL Unit length bits: 32
        Pixel Aspect Ratio 1:1 - Indicated track size 704 x 400
Self-synchronized

Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 48000 - Duration 00:43:27.767
Media Info: Language "Undetermined" - Type "soun:mp4a" - 122240 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Audio Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x40
MPEG-4 Audio MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 2 Channel(s) - SampleRate 48000
Synchronized on stream 1

Now, Avidemux won't even copy the video. And when it loads, it gives an error message ("Some timing information are incorrect ..." etc). The clip plays fine on VLC but not MPC.

The problem is probably simple for one who knows MP4 video file formats. If anyone knows of a way to use Avidemux or MP4box to fix the video file, I would very much appreciate it.

zakk

Did you choose mp4v2 as output container ?

rss

Quote from: zakk on December 28, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Did you choose mp4v2 as output container ?

Yes, I think I did. The other options  weren't working in that beta version.

styrol

Quote from: rss on December 28, 2013, 01:40:25 PM
"Some timing information are incorrect ..."
This message might appear if you put h.264 encoded video from an AVI file to a MP4 container. If this is your case, you better leave h.264 in the original AVI container or you put it in MKV container.

rss

Quote from: styrol on December 28, 2013, 04:28:54 PM
"Some timing information are incorrect ..."
This message might appear if you put h.264 encoded video from an AVI file to a MP4 container. If this is your case, you better leave h.264 in the original AVI container or you put it in MKV container.

I tried MKV, AVI and even FLV container. Avidemux simply doesn't like something about this clip.

styrol

QuoteI tried MKV, AVI and even FLV container. Avidemux simply doesn't like something about this clip.
Are you talking about your source file or your corrupted file created by Avidemux? If I've understood you correctly, you don't have your source file anymore:

If anyone knows of a way to use Avidemux or MP4box to fix the video file, I would very much appreciate it.

You do not provide any relevant info about your source and output file.

rss

Quote from: styrol on December 28, 2013, 06:24:05 PM
QuoteI tried MKV, AVI and even FLV container. Avidemux simply doesn't like something about this clip.
Are you talking about your source file or your corrupted file created by Avidemux? If I've understood you correctly, you don't have your source file anymore:

If anyone knows of a way to use Avidemux or MP4box to fix the video file, I would very much appreciate it.

You do not provide any relevant info about your source and output file.

No, I don't have the source file anymore. No offense, but I wouldn't bother anyone if I still had it.

styrol

QuoteThe clip plays fine on VLC but not MPC.

The problem is probably simple for one who knows MP4 video file formats. If anyone knows of a way to use Avidemux or MP4box to fix the video file, I would very much appreciate it.

If you mux your corrupted files with mkvtoolnix, the files should be fixed for playing them with other players like MPC (yes, you get MKV as file format, not MP4).

rss

Quote from: styrol on December 29, 2013, 11:04:21 AM
QuoteThe clip plays fine on VLC but not MPC.

If you mux your corrupted files with mkvtoolnix, the files should be fixed for playing them with other players like MPC (yes, you get MKV as file format, not MP4).

Thanks for the tip, styrol. I will give it a try.

The reason I discovered the corruption was because I tried to re-trim the clip and Avidemux couldn't handle it anymore. By then, the source was long gone. I can still play it with VLC so the video inside is OK. There's something in the container that Avidemux and MPC don't like, to put in n00b lingo. Keeping it in MP4 would be nice. But thanks for the clue.