News:

--

Main Menu

Audio editing question.

Started by Gandalf, January 23, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

I am using Avidemux 2.5.6, And I was wondering if there is a way to edit a video's audio track to remove background noise.

Thanks in advance.

zakk

No, but very easy with Audacity (Effect/Noise Reduction).

Gandalf

But how does that help me when working within Avidemux?

zakk

Quote from: Gandalf on January 23, 2014, 10:10:07 PMAnd I was wondering if there is a way to edit a video's audio track to remove background noise.
I was replying to your question. Once this is done use Avidemux's "audio" menu to import edited sound file.

Gandalf

Sorry, but I assumed that you already knew that I was referring to the audio track that was already part of the videotape in question (I am trying to transfer videotapes to DVDs).

Any practical solutions will be greatly appreciated.

zakk

OK, then you need the first step: extract the audio with Avidemux "Audio" menu: save audio.
So the 3 steps are: extracting (avidemux)/noise reduction (audacity)/re-insert audio (avidemux). :P :P

AQUAR

Maybe videotape = analog?
So capture audio and capture video first with A/D gadgets.

Gandalf

Quote from: AQUAR on January 25, 2014, 10:37:17 AM
Maybe videotape = analog?
So capture audio and capture video first with A/D gadgets.
Yes videotape = analog, but please explain your solution.

AQUAR

The main component of your video capture gadget is an analog to digital (A/D) converter.
It may also have an A/D for capturing the audio (with clock syncing to the video A/D).
Or you may be required to use the PC's audio card for capturing audio (different clock so gives sync drift wrt video).

Either way - use a program like virtualdub to capture the video and audio with a fast (to avoid dropping frames!) lossless codec (huffyuv is good).
Use filters to post process and compact (xvid - avc) as needed.