News:

--

Main Menu

Audio problems

Started by Steev, September 12, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

Hi, I cut out the advertisements from a tv recording (recording done in mpeg-2 ts video format) successfully. I then load the parts I want and try to join them together. It joins them all except that the sound only comes out on the first part, the rest are silent. Is there something I am doing wrong. I am using windows 7 and latest avidemux. I would greatly appreciate any help to overcome this problem. Thanks in advance.

Jan Gruuthuse

Change your workflow. Most likely you choose the wrong selection of your edit points.
Most easy way to do edit:
- go to edit point where you wan to start the new video. choose cut point with keyboard up / down arrow only. Not with left/right arrow key!
- mark with [ B]. Press these keys together: [Ctrl] [X]. all video leading up to point marked with [ B] is now cut away.
- goto next point where commercials start, again choosing only with keyboard up / down arrow. Mark with [A ].
- goto end point of commercials, again choosing only with keyboard up / down arrow. Mark with [ B].
- Press these keys together: [Ctrl] [X]. The video part marked with [A ] and [ B] is now cut away.
- repeat procedure for other commercial blocks
- mark end of your video [ B]
- save your video. That should be it.
small real time demo editing video (35 MB) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3idao0bju5j5mbm/Avidemux263EditCutTrim.mp4?dl=0

Steev

Thanks Jan. I have just tried your suggestion. It worked. I am delighted thanks to you again.