--

Main Menu

Files don't finish saving.

Started by Richard Hole, February 05, 2014, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hole

Hello

I am using Avidemux 2.6.7 in Windows XP

I have been saving ts files from recorded TV programs. They used to save well with Avidemux 2.5.3. However, with the newer version they do not appear to finish saving because when I play the saved files back the end is cut off. Do you know how to solve the problem?

The video output I am using is Mpeg4 AVC (x264). Audio output is MP3 (lame), output format is AVI Muxer.  I resize the video to 600 x 338.
Are there better outputs I could use to get better quality video that takes up less disc space?

Regards Richard.

Richard Hole

Hi

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and that solved the problem for a while. However, tonight the problem seems to be happening again. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards Richard.

mean

Do you have "file too short" error message ?

Richard Hole

Hi

No, I did not see that message. The files that saved prematurely save before the saving scroll bar reaches the end. Is there a log somewhere of how the file saved?

Also, the problem I have does not occur in all files I save. Only with some of them. However, they are the same type of files. Ts files. Usually the size is about 2 GB

Regards Richard.

Jan Gruuthuse

Start avidemux from a command prompt c:\ and set dos box windows properties not the close when finished. include the path where avidemux is. You should see avidemux activity/logging in this window. Perhaps it will tell you why.