News:

--

Main Menu

How to change interface language?

Started by aviphil87, February 09, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviphil87

Dear all,

I installed 2.6.7.8981 on Win7. Even though my Win7 speaks US English and I am English-speaking, Avidemux is in French. The download page gives no choice in a language version, so I deduct that it is to the user to select his favorite language. No such scroll-down menu in the Preferences however.

But in the i18n directory there are many language files, how can I connect the interface to avidemux_en.qm (I say it in my own words)?

Thank you,

mean

Try a nightly, there is a menu entry to force the language

aviphil87

It works, Mean thank you very so much!!

Coincidence has it that at the same time, while I was mourning the disappearance of the View Joblist button of the 2.5 family, I discovered the Avidemux Job Control shortcut hidden way down in the Start Menus cascade. Frankly I am not sure that ergonomy wins in this very case, however the feature is there. I now have to play with it. Thanks again!

hfrmobile

Sorry didn't catch it ... where exactly is that menu item to change the interface language?

Using 2.6.12 in German but prefer English.

Thanks a lot!

eumagga0x2a

Bearbeiten --> Einstellungen --> Sprache

Where else would you expect to find this setting?  :o

(Judging by your screenshot in http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17031.msg76426.html#msg76426 you are using 2.6.13, not 2.6.12)

hfrmobile

Not always the same menu path as the developer implemented it  ;)