News:

--

Main Menu

Audio at +40 db is still too soft

Started by question, March 02, 2014, 12:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

question

I went to the audio output -> filters and changed it to manual 40 db gain, then saved the video.

The audio is STILL too soft....

I cant even tell if the program applied 40 db gain correctly. Any ideas on increasing the volume even more? 40DB gain is the max...

zakk

did you reencode the audio or just copy ?

question

I tried both, once as copy and the other AAC (faac). Which should i be using?

zakk

Copying won't change the gain, and 40dB is way too much, maybe the value is refused. Try 15/20dB, be sure to check your options correctly. If it doesn't work use Audacity or mp3gain for mp3/mp2.

question

Im pretty sure mp3 gain wont allow me to edit videos....it was pretty stubborn on file types last i tried.

I think theres a bug with how avidemux changes audio because it doesnt seem to apply the audio gain unless i switch the output type around a bit. Just switching it once to vorbis for example doesnt seem to apply the audio gain...

Edit : Yea this is what i did : I closed the previous project, then added a new video file. I changed the audio to +20 db, saved, the encoding window didnt even come up (although audio was still set to vorbis).

To get the encoding window to pop up i had to change vorbis to another value then change it back to vorbis and save again.

snork

Quote from: question on March 03, 2014, 08:46:57 AM
I think theres a bug with how avidemux changes audio because it doesnt seem to apply the audio gain unless i switch the output type around a bit. Just switching it once to vorbis for example doesnt seem to apply the audio gain...

I think there is a bug concerning using avidemux (version 2.6.7 for MS-Windows) on loading another video (or the same anew) with wanting to keep the same settings as with the previous video.

I had this when I reencoded and filtered video and audio from mpeg2.
Done with the first video, I loaded the second video, the audio seemed to/ looked like still be set to encode with mp3, but in fact it was re-set to copy (aac).
I found no other solution than to - on each next video loaded into avidemux 2.6.7 for windows - re-choose video-codec, load filters, and audio-codec, and muxer, and only then to save the video.

I think this is what also happened to you, question

AQUAR

I can confirm that audio settings revert to copy mode when reloading a media file.
And that this is a mismatch to what is shown in the GUI (if not previously set to copy!).

Video encoder selection seems to be retained.