Video players not open saved file (copy) avi to avi.

Started by JimmyJo, June 23, 2014, 07:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyJo

When you copy the avi file without compression file is not read by the video players. When I cut part in this video file we will get: is on the picture.

Can not play the video file, saving it without compression. No sense compress the video file size of 500-600 kB.

zakk

A & B markers must be on I frames (use << and >> to place A an B)

JimmyJo

When you copy the avi file without compression file is not read by the video players. Without cut. And with cut. Does not work with the avi file that I have given as an example.

AQUAR

Probably the issues are related to the tscc lossless codec used for this video.

On my system, avidemux 2.6 has no problems copying the sample video provided.
My media players won't play either the original or the copy because I don't have that codec installed.

Try Avidemux by recoding with the more recognizable huffman codec (also lossless).

JimmyJo

The fact of the matter is that any codec with compression, small file size increases with an equal bitrate and spoils the quality. When the file size small does not matter. Time compression is 500-600 KB file ~ 3 minutes. Compress small file is superfluous.

Cut: when the avi file is large, it is not always necessary to compress, but should compressed. The Avidemux 2.6... not save with this codec the file without compression. The problem is we need more time.

I know that I use a lossless codec. I tried many codecs. But this is what I gave the example better in the ratio of the size of the output file and the load on the processor, the video quality.

"Try Avidemux by recoding with the more recognizable huffman codec (also lossless)." - I'll watch.

Original file play without the codec install: Media Player Classic Home Cinema, VideoLAN, Zoom Player(?) and so on.

JimmyJo

"Try Avidemux by recoding with the more recognizable huffman codec (also lossless)." - I'll watch.

If you mean the choice of HuffYUV codec. Not suitable, file size 2418 kilobytes ( overall bit rate 115 Kbps ) increased approximately 500 - 600 times.

AQUAR

TSCC is a codec that compresses your video.
Its a lossless codec so you don't lose quality.

Ditto for HuffYUV codec.
I don't think HuffYUV creates a file 600 times bigger than TSCC (maybe 60 times!).
And uncompressed video will be much much larger than HuffYUV.

You seem to want lossless compression AND a tiny file size AND compatibility for players.
Maybe google on well known lossless codecs with the highest compresion?

Perhaps use AVC (h264) in a lossless manner (others will have to tell you how to do that).
Could also try the PNG codec but I have not used it myself, at least its lossless and common.

JimmyJo

"TSCC is a codec that compresses your video.
Its a lossless codec so you don't lose quality."

I know this

"Ditto for HuffYUV codec.
I don't think HuffYUV creates a file 600 times bigger than TSCC (maybe 60 times!).
And uncompressed video will be much much larger than HuffYUV."

Processing in Avidemux.
Man no offense you know how to use the program Avidemux? I know. If 2000 KB in ~ 600 times. 1 GB x 1024 = 1024 MB x 1024 = 1048576 KB. 1048576 KB : 2000 KB = 524,288.

"You seem to want lossless compression AND a tiny file size AND compatibility for players.
Maybe google on well known lossless codecs with the highest compresion?"

I don't want to compress small file. I need the of video processing the file "CUT" (video file was made through the TSCC codec) in Ademux to save the file without compression and that programs video players was play this video file. Avidemux can't save working video (TSCC codec) file through "COPY". Avedumux video file (TSCC codec) can only compress the file with a smaller or larger through another codec. Not bad would be to Avidemux can work fully with this codec TSCC. I have searched and tried many codecs. Better for me I not found. I work with this TSCC codec. Need a program for cutting and the glueing of video files.

"Perhaps use AVC (h264) in a lossless manner (others will have to tell you how to do that).
Could also try the PNG codec but I have not used it myself, at least its lossless and common."

It makes no sense to use H264 codec or PNG or another codec after processing "CUT" of the file if there is no purpose to compress the file. Avidemux: the video file is given as an example. Take this file and encode the PNG codec. The result is approximately the same as for HuffYUV codec - the enormous size of the video file. 

I do not ask and do not require, but merely stating the fact of how the program works with the codec TSCC.

AQUAR

@ JimmyJo

I take no offense - merely suggested you try cut editing with avidemux 2.6 in an outside of the box manner.
Hopefully you will find an editing program that gets along with the TSCC codec.

Just for the record:
The sample you provided is 18KB
Recoded with HuffYUV it is 1291KB, ie a ratio of 71 (1291/18) (also fully editable in avidemux etc etc).
Recoded with PNG it is 1949KB, ie a ratio of 108.
And - I do have a solution, so ask me nicely, else I am done with this thread.

JimmyJo

Video file time 4 min. 43 sec. 580 KB.
580 KB, HuffUV = ~ 361 times ( ~ 209 MB x 1024 = KB ). 580 KB, PNG = ~ 518 times ( ~ 300 MB  x 1024 = KB). On average, the size of the file which I process this 500 KB - 30 MB. And file 30 MB = 30720 KB : 580 KB = ~ 52 x 209 or 300 MB =  ... MB - the enormous size of the video file.

I know of a program that can handle the TSCC codec without encoding.

One archive is divided into 4 parts. The limit on the size.