News:

--

Main Menu

Ogg muxer missing

Started by WellTell, August 15, 2015, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WellTell

HelIo, I tried several builds of Avidemux, 2.6.8, 2.6.9, 2.6.10, and there isn't an Ogg muxer anywhere. Where is it gone? It is said in documentation that Avidemux is able to mux to Ogg container. And I would like to do so. Any info about it?

mean

There is some support for reading it, not writing.

WellTell

Ah, I'm sorry then. However, will there be some support to encode with Ogg muxer in the future?

Jan Gruuthuse

You could use audacity for the audio encoding to OGG and use MKVToolNix to replace audio track afterwards.
OGG setting in audacity: -q5    160 kb/s

mean

Ogg is completely obsolete

WellTell

I thought of muxing video and audio together using Ogg muxer. I didn't know it is obsolete, so I will use the MKV then. Thanks for info.

Edit: I'm sorry, I meant an OGM muxer to mux audio and video. So what about the OGM?

WellTell

Well, what about that OGM format? It is mentioned in wiki that Avidemux is able to encode it.

Jan Gruuthuse

QuoteOgg   :     Ogg is the name of Xiph.org's container format for audio, video, and metadata.
Vorbis:     Vorbis is the name of a specific audio compression scheme
source: http://www.vorbis.com/faq/#_names

An OGM file is an OGG media file. OGM is a container format
I'm not certain if OGM muxer is still available in current avidemux 2.6.10.
Anyway it is not available on my Ubuntu 2.6.10 build version. I'm not a windows user.

Probably you only have audio vorbis available within avidemux.
720p with re-encoded vorbis stereo audio, download 57.2 MB : 3satVorbisStereo.mkv only available for short period (1 week more or less).
see attached screen shots

Jan Gruuthuse

Looking backwards I come to this conclusion "ogm, theora video support is residual from 2.5.5 avidemux" and was dropped from avidemux at certain point in time. Probably at the switch from frame to time based editor.
Hence you got this reply:
Quote from: mean on August 16, 2015, 07:38:10 AM
Ogg is completely obsolete

Due to not having the time resources (manpower), some of the wiki is outdated.  Sorry to disappoint you.

WellTell