Previous topic - Next topic

mean

I'll have a look, thanks for the info

mean

Since i've updated the compiler for win64, i dont see it anymore
I  used to reproduce it with virtualbox
"Maybe" fixed

RoadRanger

Just downloaded the latest x64 nightly build and now it crashes even with MMX disabled :( :
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
sws_getCachedContext  [swscale-4.dll]
ADM_setCrashHook  [libADM_core6.dll]
UnhandledExceptionFilter  [KERNELBASE.dll]
memset  [ntdll.dll]
_C_specific_handler  [ntdll.dll]
_chkstk  [ntdll.dll]
RtlWalkFrameChain  [ntdll.dll]
KiUserExceptionDispatcher  [ntdll.dll]
sws_getCachedContext  [swscale-4.dll]

RoadRanger

I downgraded back to the latest x64 2.6 release version and verified that I can run the openGL rotate filter with MMX disabled.

Is there any other diagnostic log that I can send you?

mean

I assume you are running win10/64 or similar ?

mean

I think i've found the problem

mean

mean

RoadRanger

mean

I've found a way to easily reproduce it, should be quick to fix

mean

RoadRanger

Weird, I was able to"play filtered" the first time but when I went into the filter page and tried "preview" it crashed, and now I'm back to it crashing every time even with MMX disabled. However - I'm running an FFMPEG conversion AND the release Avidemux in the background doing a conversion/save on a segment of my 11 hour file so maybe there's some interaction? I'll try again after those have completed.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quotemaybe there's some interaction
Maybe, if both are using OpenGl simultaneous. Have similar with vdpau, can only support one Avidemux instance on vdpau (GPU-accelerated) or if something else grabbed vdpau on gpu.
Or perhaps you're reaching the limit of the hardware resources (keep an eye on cpu temperature) ffmpeg + twice avidemux running (re-encoding?) that is heavy usage.

RoadRanger

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 18, 2016, 07:38:51 AMOr perhaps you're reaching the limit of the hardware resources (keep an eye on cpu temperature) ffmpeg + twice avidemux running (re-encoding?) that is heavy usage.
I actually had my CPU "locked" to half speed for a couple months because the heatsink was clogged up with dust (fan on high speed all the time and CPU temp ~74C) and you're supposed to disassemble this Toshiba Satellite C55-A to clean it. But I'm lazy so today I just sucked air backwards through the fan inlet (with a high power shop vac) and that seems to have cleared things out. While I was at it I vacuumed out all the openings and the keyboard too but I made sure to do the heatsink air outlet last to not really jam in the dust. Now I'm at 63C at full clock vs the 75C at half clock before :) .

In any case I have 8GB of memory so have had no problem running multiple conversions in the past - even on this 2020M low end dual core non-hyperthreaded CPU.

I just tried the nightly mentioned above right after a reboot and it crashes MMX enabled or not :( . I just started up another conversion/edit on the released version and it's running fine.

mean

I cannot reproduce it. I tried on my laptop (win10 + intel graphics) & on virtual box with openGl enabled
All is fine

Could you detail what you do ? Maybe there is something more to trigger it