News:

--

Main Menu

Oddities and deficiencies in 2.6.911

Started by golinux, January 01, 2016, 04:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golinux

I have set a fade-in from black filter at the beginning of my edit starting at 3s 500ms going to 4s 500ms.  Unfortunately, every time I restart anywhere in the track this filter kicks in 3s 500ms after I restart.  IOW it is not locked to the absolute time of the entire track but to the initiation of resuming play at any point in the track.

The MPlayer eq2 filter works as expected but there is no longer an option to filter only part of the track.  This is unacceptable because sometimes only one or two sections need adjustment.

In 'play filtered' mode, when the track is started at the beginning and then stopped, it flips back to the very beginning. IOW, it does not stay at the point it was stopped.  I only tested up to 2 minutes.  There may be a threshold after which this does not happen.  AFAICT this only happens when started from the beginning. When starting and stopping at other points in the track this has not happened.

I have been using Avidemux for over ten years and everything has always worked perfectly. Unfortunately it is not really usable in its current state.

Jan Gruuthuse

Confirmed: quick test

take a 1 minute duration video clip
Using filter Black set on
Start: keyframe arround 00:00:03,000 seconds
End: Keyframe arround 00:00:05,000 seconds

play filtered from 10 seconds
arround 13 seconds Black filter kicks in for 2 seconds

Looks like Black is applied to current playing/saving time and not to the actual time of full video.
I don't know/or remember if this was intended or not.

Black was created after this discussion:

Editing: Blank video but keep audio but in a section

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

Fixed: commit: 68e9477    [filter/black] Also use absolute time

Just build 43594d6 and tested.
Doing the same test
==> Not OK - Play filtered does still blackout 3 seconds from playing (7 seconds starts blackout @ 10 seconds) <==
OK - The re-encoded saved video = correct, black starts @ 3 seconds for the wanted duration

golinux

Happy to help a bit.

But I just now realized that the only fade option is 'fade to black'.  I'm not seeing a normal fade option which I use frequently to connect cuts.  Why on earth would that be removed?

Jan Gruuthuse

Drop 4 down down in the same list of filters:
Fade
Fade in/out

Heavy/late night?

golinux

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 01, 2016, 04:11:35 PM
Drop 4 down down in the same list of filters:
Fade
Fade in/out

Heavy/late night?

Hardly.  I don't do 'holidays'.  But my heater is currently non-functional so am freezing my you-know-what off.

Please see attached.  What am I missing?  Only available options in the dropdown are in/out.  Note that 'Fade' in the filter list connects to "Fade to black' in the title bar.  Something possibly missing?

Jan Gruuthuse

Black is above, just below Add logo.
starts black from start time to end time.
The option you show has Fade type:
In or Out

Fade in starts with black and ends in image.
Fade out starts with image and ends in black.

golinux

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 01, 2016, 04:29:32 PM
Black is above, just below Add logo.
starts black from start time to end time.
The option you show has Fade type:
In or Out

Fade in starts with black and ends in image.
Fade out starts with image and ends in black.

There's a miscommunication here.

I have no need for the 'Black' option.

The 'Fade' option in the menu is linked to the the 'Fade to black' gui. 

Why are there not two options 'Fade' and 'Fade to black' linking to two different interfaces?

I am not seeing anywhere a normal, un-blackened  'Fade' option.

Perhaps it is you that had a heavy/late night?

mean

I'm not sure there were such a fade
In 2.5.X ?

Jan Gruuthuse

yes 2.5.6, you could disable [ ] Fade to black.
2.6 never had.

golinux

Quote from: mean on January 01, 2016, 05:01:29 PM
I'm not sure there were such a fade
In 2.5.X ?
From the first day I started using Avidemux @2003, the default 'Fade' option was a normal blending of images with no black involved.  There was a checkbox in that settings window that offered a 'Fade to black'.  So you could choose which one to use.  I'm still doing most of my editing on Avidemux 1:2.5.4-0.3squeeze1.  Haven't really used the later versions that much.  I do have it installed on my wheezy but haven't used it that often.  I can post a screenie later when I get on that machine if that would be helpful.

Jan Gruuthuse

Kinda cross fade from one scene to another.

golinux

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 01, 2016, 05:22:06 PM
Kinda cross fade from one scene to another.

Yes.  How can anyone edit without it!

mean

The fade to black seems to work for me
i.e.
black from 10' to 15'
go to 8' play; it starts to fade after 2 sec as expected

What am i missing ?