News:

--

Main Menu

Installation problems

Started by Post producer, January 18, 2016, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Post producer

Installing version 2.5.6 on Ubuntu 14.4.3, the sound always plays from the start regardless of the video position. Also the indexing box is a line drawing and the jog wheel is inoperative. Tried 2.6.911, crashed at the end of indexing with segfault. Tried 2.6.10 -qt, says cannot find demuxer for .ts file. Have tried reinstall of both Avidemux and Ubuntu and Ubuntu 15.04 with the same results. I assume I doing something stupid but what? Asked the owner of the unofficial papa site about the segfault but he said he had the same problem. Any help with an install combination that works or guidance on missing add ons or dependencies would be appreciated.

mean

A file that triggers the segfault would help

Jan Gruuthuse

If you're on 64-bit, have you tried this one: avidemux Cli/Qt 2.6.911 64-bit deb download ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
could be help if you indicate what the origin is of the .ts:
- type of broadcast? DVB-C/C2/T/T2/S/S2
- own recording? used device? HD/SD. Make 1 minute recording and upload to web service.

ps:- Use a free dropbox account, mega or similar webservice (free public access, without registration to download your uploaded video) thank you.
- GTK is not to be used (development is on halt)

Post producer

Thank you Jan and Mean.  Yes 64bit OS on two computers, both now on Ubuntu 14.4.3. Both home assembled using Asus mother boards running i5 processors of two different generations, ( 2nd and 4th I think). Recordings are DVB-T. Currently TV Headend 4.0.8 but same results with older recordings from my previous Windows 7 and TV Scheduler Pro system and earlier TV headend version. I had not picked up on the status of GTK version, noted. Will reinstall 14.4.3 on this computer (currently 15.04) and try your suggested down load. Re the TS files, the same files were perfectly ok on Avidemux previous installations, Ubuntu and Windows 7, but somewhere in all the upgrading the wheels have come off. I will report the results with Jan's down load. I will then upload a sample TS file if this would still be helpful.

Thanks

mean

Yes it would help
In general, if the problem can be reproduced it is solved quickly

Post producer

I have down loaded Jan's tar.tz file, extracted the files and installed the deb files in the order given using Gdeb installer. I now have user/share/avidemux6. Please, how do I  proceed from here to a running program?

Jan Gruuthuse

start from terminal ([Ctrl][Alt][T]:
/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4

Post producer

/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4  gives " error while loading shared libraries: libva-x11.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". What have I missed?

With apologies

mean

Installing libva & libva-x11 should solve the problem

(libva-x11-1 & libva1 on ubuntu)

Post producer

:) yes that works for me, thank you both very much for your guidance.  None of the previous problems evident so far.

Jan Gruuthuse

great, you solved your issue