HOW can I maintain the editings in a saved file????

Started by occitan, February 04, 2016, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

occitan

Hello everyone!

I have a big problem (and I apologize if this is a stupid question).

This is my issue.

I upload a video on avidemux that I took with my iphone, video which was overturned.
Therefore, I want to overturn it in the right way and to use the "crop filter" to cut some bottom and top of the video.

However, after going on "video", "filters" and overturning the video in the right way and cropping it, when then I save it, the saved file (opened with VLC, or with any other program) did not maintain the filters I put so it remains wrongly overturned without being cropped.

My question is: how can I make the filter editings effective (so that they keep preserved in the saved file????)

Thank you very much!

Kodi

Jan Gruuthuse

Filters only work when re-encoding, not when Video Output is on [Copy]. Could this be it?

occitan

Thank you for your reply..

But well, if this is the case, then avidemux is totally useless!!

I wouldlike to save a copy of my file in the right aspect! If not, if I only have it while watching, it is useless..:/

Jan Gruuthuse

You need to select a codec In Video Output like Mpeg4 AVC (x264), select the Filter Rotate and apply wanted rotation (90Ã,°,180Ã,° or 270Ã,°).
Then save: you should now have video with correct rotation.

aviphil87

Occitan, Français ? Avidemux n'est pas useless. Bien au contraire, c'est la panacée universelle qui guérit tous les maux. At least, it will fix all (almost) what we find wrong with our videos.

It's true that you need to choose an output codec. Because, since you change anything in the content of the frames (rotate, crop...), the output needs to be re-encoded. It's the digital video system, the codecs system, that mandatorily requests it.

It may look cumbersome, but after a little time you use it that way, you will find it ergonomic. It's only a matter of getting used to it.

I record TNT from the air. Often, there are problems with old videos in the 4/3 format, when the channels broadcast them in 16/9. When watching them with a 16/9 setting, they are stretched (a tall slim girl becomes a petit tonneau). When watching them with a 4/3 setting, they are squeezed (a small fat man becomes tall and thin).  The only thing I have found that works, is browsing the video to find a car or cart wheel. It should be round, but on the video it looks elliptic. I Add Borders (left-right) of the appropriate value so the wheel looks back round. I specify 16/9 values (1280x720...), re-encode, and on the TV set the wheels are always round.

Hope this helps.