News:

--

Main Menu

"too short" error with .ts files

Started by kstathem, February 16, 2016, 06:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kstathem

My satellite receiver (Geosatpro HD) splits its files at ~1GB. When I try to mux two or more sequential files, I get the too short error and the output file ends at the split.
I investigated with a hex editor and discovered that each file repeats the last 47KiB (exactly) of the previous file. After I removed one copy of this duplicate information and concatenated the two files, it works fine.
I've uploaded ~200kb on both sides of each split along with all the other files in the folder, at https://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/files/131921/ts.folder.zip

Jan Gruuthuse

Confirm you're not using a fat32 device to record on, should be ntfs.
If you load the 1st .ts and avidemux asks to load the other sequential files: answer no.
append the remaining files manually.

see if that works.
seems this a known issue (Jan 7, 2013)

for developer(s): info3.dvr: identifies the stream as Ali file format 3.0

kstathem

The USB stick is indeed ntfs. The drive that I am copying to is ext4.
i tried appending it manually and it then writes the file without error, but the output file is missing a half second or so at the split.
I also tried selecting the info3.dvr file (which worked for the guy in the thread you linked to) but Avidemux doesn't seem to recognize that filetype

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: kstathem on February 16, 2016, 08:29:55 AM
>8 >8 I also tried selecting the info3.dvr file (which worked for the guy in the thread you linked to) but Avidemux doesn't seem to recognize that filetype

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on February 16, 2016, 06:54:52 AM
for developer(s): info3.dvr: identifies the stream as Ali file format 3.0

You seemed to have missed the for developer(s). As far as I know avidemux does not work with Ali file format 3.0 Stream. Maybe it could if dev(s) see/find a solution, time giving.

kstathem

Yes, I do seem to have missed that. Thanks for the clarification.