News:

--

Main Menu

Video syncing issue.

Started by jw23876, April 07, 2016, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jw23876

Hello,

I am having an issue with an MP4 file that seems to be out of sync in more than one place. I just downloaded avidemux and I am trying to better understand the process.

I found that in the beginning the video is off by about 800 milliseconds, so I delayed it to that point. Then, I noticed that the video ends up going out of sync more. I used the "Shift" option to fix the first one, but I do not see a way to change the other sync issues without causing the first time to be changed. I thought "Mark A and Mark B" could resolve the issue of having more than one shift point, but it doesn't seem to help. If anyone could give me any tips on what to possibly do, I would really appreciate it. I am fairly new to the process of editing and would like to become better at it just in case an issue like this arises in the future. Also, the audio on the clip cuts out completely about a minute before the clip ends, so I am not sure what happened during the recording process of the clip.

My main concerns:

1. In Avidemux, is it possible to fix more than one sync issue in a project with different "Shift" quantities that don't change ones you already have? If so, how?

2. What is the point of Mark A and Mark B?

3. If this software is not capable of fixing this, what other freeware programs should I look into (I tried with the Audio Video Synchronizer from Weqsoft, but I did not fare any better.)

Thank you!  ;D

cancalbus

Being as newbie as you are, I would split the copy-shift process (using mark A-B) in as many portions as lack of sync segments you have identified in the clip.
Regarding the lack of audio at the end, no idea.