News:

--

Main Menu

mpeg-ts over 700MB not responding

Started by cammer78, April 09, 2016, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cammer78

Ok, here's the problem. I record some TV shows to a FAT32 flash in mpeg-ts, then i copy them to my PC to cut the commercials and save as it is, without convert. While i have no problem with small videos, anytime i try to add any video over 700MB in Avidemux, 32 or 64bit, it just stops responding after 3-4 secs !! No matter if i wait 1 or 5 min, only option left then is just to close it.

Either with or without openGL support, same thing happens all the time.  I have also installed the freemake video converter which accepts the same videos without problem within 2-3 secs, but it requires to convert my videos.
This is happening for quite some time now, and i have no idea why, no matter what avidemux version i use.

Program reinstalled, disks checked for file system errors and video-audio drivers re-installed as well. Even checked with sfc to be sure.

Avidemux is installed in a win 7 x64 PC, using an AMD FX-6300 and 4GB total ram.

Any idea from any similar case? I didn't find any help searching the net so far.

Update: My description concerns to versions 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 - 32&64 bit, but i had not try version 2.5.6 -32 & 64bit which i did today with both installers, and i was able to open all my videos no matter the size, but i was not able to crop them as somethin does not work properly with time and frames jump there and leads to crash when i try to jump while i have no problem on this with 2.6.12

Jan Gruuthuse

You did manual append video parts?
You do have enough free space on disc?
You did shut down all none essential videos programs?
1st time user?

cammer78

Jan i updated my topic, please see. Ofc i have enough disk space and i do not have any videos open when i edit.

cammer78

For some reason, after i uninstalled 2.5.6 and re-installed 2.6.12 x64, it's now loading big size mpeg-ts but it takes up to 3-4 minutes now showing that is not responding while it's obviously busy. Again it's too much while it should need few seconds.

mean

It is usually a sign that it has problem seeking

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: cammer78 on April 09, 2016, 02:36:19 PM
Jan i updated my topic, please see. Ofc i have enough disk space and i do not have any videos open when i edit.
I've updated my post, was not videos I would mention.

Start with a program like Ccleaner Free, think you have a lot of ballast/clutter in your windows.

cammer78

I use ccleaner for years, my OS is stable and cleaned from junk. It takes 3-4 minutes only when 2.6.12 is used, but only 3-4 secs when 2.5.6 is used. Can't think of any obvious reason for this delay, which depends on the video size, but only over 700MB, below this value, both versions take the same time to open them.

Jan Gruuthuse

delete *.idx2 with same name as video.

cammer78

Either i keep it or delete it makes no difference, i did that already.

jcgeny

your pc is not top....4Go is a minimum for windows...so you should try 8 or 16 Go .
beside that use a defrag tool , it is more important than cleaner...and create a fixed swap file of 8 Go .
for xmas or birthday : you can ask for a ssd and may be ram plus a new [second hand] cpu on ebay...
check bios update , they can add cpus to your mobo..

Jan Gruuthuse

Hope you're on 64-bit OS, use the last nightly, if that was not the case. Avidemux nightly r090416

If the hardware is an issue and you have some space remaining on a hard disc (0 or 1). Consider installing a 2nd OS like ubuntu LTS 64-bit, just for avidemux (4GB should be a minimum)
If you never installed a second OS alongside, seek geek help for doing so. (you could loose a working windows doing this wrongly)
ps.: Test with a live cd and see if the hardware does like ubuntu or not.

AQUAR

I have no issues with ADM loading a large .TS file on a basic 32 bit (about 3.2 GB useable RAM) and tiny page file (under 2GB on my PC).

Seems more likely an issue with the recording of these transport streams. 

fish

I agree with AQUAR, I have found that if there is a problem with a video file, v2.5.6 is more forgiving than v2.6. If it was an HD DVB-T file with a few errors in recording I have found 'H264TS_Cutter' useful when nothing else can handle the file. Not much use to you if you're sure it's an mpeg but the fact that it takes so long to load, suggests a problem with the file.