News:

--

Main Menu

Mp4 limit is 13h15mn and 22s ?

Started by jcgeny, April 09, 2016, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgeny

i am working to create a single film out of the two trilogies of the hobbit and lord of the rings...the movie is nearly done i just have to finish chapters and the subtitles  ;D
i made two compilations with avidemux one at 1920x800 and one at 720x300 with same codec : one is 44 Go the other is 11 Go but players shows the same limit...

you can see that vlc is still playing and have the timer above the limit..

with the "dvd release"

i tried to mix in the mkv but that was worse at first tests.....with vlc i found that the audio delay was 900ms for lips to be "sync"
i used a mkv having the audio and video and applied the delay , then i used mkvtoolnix to inject subtitles in the mp4 then i was having nearly the right length of the movie... i have 7 minutes and 7 seconds more than original files compiled with avidemux

jcgeny

sorry for the mistake it 7 mn and more than 40 sec
edit : for the last "re-edition" : i used mkv toolnix to mux a mp4 generated by avidemux , to replace the audio file made by avidemux that was having "scratches".
i used avidemux to compile in mp4 , with the audio delay . so having again a 13h time...
then i used mkv toolnix to create a mkv with the mp4 and subs : that made a 19h 13mn 51 s film so 6 mn 46 longer than the original files...
i ll finish sub and chapters this week and will upload the "dvd" 11Go . may be i can give link by pm ? for checking

AQUAR

IMHO this post should be deleted.
It is clearly demonstrating that avidemux is being used for an illegal purpose.

This and a previous thread by the OP is tempting faith on a few levels.

jcgeny

i use avidemux ....and find bugs.....i also hope to get a job in hollywood thanks to my release...
may be i should upload to youtube my work...?

that is crazy to see punks doing the police...
comme disait coluche : Nous, on a Robert. C'est un grand, il est marrant !
L'autre jour, il arrive, il gueulait : - "J'en ai eu un ! J'en ai eu un !".
Il avait arrêté un mec pour état d'ivresse, qui était plus bourré que lui !
Vach'ment rare hein !

in video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kq2JuElvUw
the script : http://michel.buze.perso.neuf.fr/lavache/coluche_flic.htm

AQUAR

@ jcgeny

If you have the proper authorisations to do what you are doing then all is fine.
If you are doing this on your own accord (most likely!) then I tried to warn you in good faith.
I suggest you read up the relevant sections of the copyrights act - particularly the sections that go into plagiarism and publishing "your work".

Re-editing lord of the rings without permission and proudly proclaiming that on forums like this, U Tube and more will land you into trouble.
It can also be seen as using this forum and its members to pursue a "suspicious" activity.

The warning has nothing to do with being a punk police, and has nothing to do with pointing out bugs.

Up to you if want to take these risks as it is for the moderators of this forum.
I am also free to try and warn about potential consequences and I don't really care if such is ignored.

As I said, best to delete this thread.
And if so desired, start it again without the unnecessary detail.

Nothing more to say on this.

jcgeny

Mp4 limit is 13h15mn and 22s ?
what is the answer ?
for the rest : i am an Artist  :P and i use movies like a disc-jockey...soon we will be plenty ....[ thanks to avidemux ;']

i found the "bug" about mkv toolnix tool mlvmerge adding 6'46 seconds at the end of movie .
that came from the file of subtitle having some timecode and speeches that i removed from the last movie
after correcting the error , the resulting new mkv has the good size and audio is not so badly synced ...

i hope an update to handle well so big files ;'] my next movie should be 24 or 48 hours long ;'].....

mean

It's fair use as long as it is for private use.

There might be a bug there, but it is so uncommon that you should not expect a bugfix soon

AQUAR

I'll note that using movies like a disc jockey is anything but private.
Re-editing a movie for any purpose (including a purely private one) breaks copyright laws.
There are some limited provisions for educational institutions that allow students to use a % of copy-righted material for presentations.

Lord of the rings has only ever been released to the public with DRM/copy protection schemes intact.
It is illegal to defeat such copy protection schemes in most first world countries.
To make it editable you first need to defeat the copy protection, that then makes it an editable pirated copy.

The way the underlying issue has been presented by this member appears to be openly dis-respective of the property rights of others.
Its also presented in a self centred manner that  :P anyone that is not like minded.
If it ever came to a head, the fair rights perception by an individual are in admissible as a defence when facing a judge.

Why not just talk about an ADM issue???

jcgeny

i am still working on my 19 h film and found that avidemux reports 1.000 fps with the mkv....

i play the movie with vlc and avidemux for the chapters edition and times .

another discovery : with vlc and syncing -800 [ms] the lips are synced [from hour 2 to 10... i ll see if that continues ],
[i did it to create an mp4 : -900 in the audio , days ago , so that seem it failed to do it well...or else..]

Jan Gruuthuse

just a couple of notes:
- your 1st posting mediainfo
-- Duration = 5h 51mn
-- Source Duration = 19h 7mn
Somewhere you obtained source material either from yourself or from the net.
If this source material already has the time issues, then your troubles start here
You are aware part of DRM includes messing around with time and having false pointers/chapters to prevent users to make illegal copies/distributions.
In my opinion laying the cause/blame with Avidemux is incorrect.
Possible editing on this flawed source video, could increase/multiply these time issues. (compression over a series of frames, variable frames, ...)
I don't see how developers/users could help you. I don't think anyone here will download 17.2 hours of blu-ray video and try to retrace your steps to figure out why this happens.
Then we don't even speak of possible user interaction on these video's. Most likely you resized the source video before editing?

The only way possible doing this, is going from source video to an uncompressed video codec using a non variable frame rate mode for editing.
Edit this raw video, when finished going back to a compressed video codec like x264.

Most likely this can't be done on user hardware as you would not have the storage space for the non compressed video and process this vast amount of video data.

Save 1 minute video of this with an uncompressed video codec and multiply this with minutes of the video footage (1032 minutes?) and you probably notice what I'm saying.

AQUAR

I think Mean has already pointed out that its very uncommon for ADM to be used in this manner.
For that reason, even if these findings relate to ADM bugs, they are not going to be looked at anytime soon.
Its chasing a minimal return for an exponential effort.

Not to mention we will be seen to be aiding and abetting a project with "questionable credentials".

jcgeny

the mkv muxer of avidemux seems to not have bug and i was able to insert the 800ms in audio....

if i posted screencap , it is because they show bugs...
i made a "dvd" version in size [ 720x300 ] that is 11 Go and have the mp4v2 bug ...

source files are perfects , i have plenty of 2 To , a bit slow but no care . i made and use a computer for video with a blackmagic intensity 4k card...

beside that , i hope avidemux to do h265 soon...

mean

h265 is supported, albeit it s pretty basic