News:

--

Main Menu

Is wrong I-Frame/frame being displayed.

Started by fish, July 27, 2016, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

When editing DVB-T-HD in copy mode v2.6.12, if I search to each I-Frame, which I assume is on a scene change, Avidemux consistently displays the frame which is 2 frames after the scene change. I don't think the cut is being made in the wrong place but the frame being displayed is two frames after the real I-Frame. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me?

mean

Please try with a nightly, there was some bugfixes around that i think

fish

I have just installed 'avidemux_2.6.12_r160726_win64' but the apparent problem is still present, when moving to an I-frame, the frame that is two frames after the I-frame is displayed, although the cut is made on the I-frame.

mean

I would need a source sample that shows the problem

fish

Do I just send a sample as an attachment? Any randomly recorded DVB-T HD signal should show the issue.

Jan Gruuthuse

Most likely attachment allowed size is to small. Upload a video maximum 50 MB / 10 seconds duration.
ps:- Use a free: dropbox account, mega or similar webservice (free public access, without registration to download your uploaded video) thank you.

fish

I'm going to check whether the accuracy of the cut is affected, if it's cutting right on the scene change then it's not really a problem, if two frames are being lost at each cut, it wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be better if they were not.

By the way, there is a slight but obvious problem with the 'avidemux_2.6.12_r160726_win64', that I recently installed. With Avidemux maximised on screen, if I click on the play button or press the space bar, Avidemux resizes back to launch size and can't be resized by dragging the edges, it must be maximised again.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: fish on July 28, 2016, 12:14:24 PMBy the way, there is a slight but obvious problem with the 'avidemux_2.6.12_r160726_win64', that I recently installed. With Avidemux maximised on screen, if I click on the play button or press the space bar, Avidemux resizes back to launch size and can't be resized by dragging the edges, it must be maximised again.

This looks much more interesting on Linux  ;)

http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,16955.0.html

Actually just loading a video should be enough to trigger the resize of the window too without the window manager noticing.