--

Main Menu

Avidemux 2.6 AUDIO track

Started by pintone, April 17, 2016, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintone

operation system windows 10
Avidemux 2.6 - 64bits

video sorce recording from dreambox (.ts)

contains multiple Audio Track s .
Track 1 = Swedish
Track 2 = Danish
Track 3 = Norwegian
Track 4 = Finnish
Track 5 = Dutch

i do not want any loss in quallity so i use the standar copy on all settings.
Video Decoder
"XXXX"

Video Output
"Copy"

Audio Output
"Copy"

Output Format
AVI Muxer

But my problem is that the Audio Tracks only ends upp as

Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
Track 5

no extra language info in the saved output video file

Can this be fixed ?

Best Regards
Pintone

AQUAR

Might be better of muxing into MKV with mkv toolnix.
IIRC the audio metadata is preserved here and can be changed if needed (eg set a different default track!).

pintone

Thanks for the quick reply AQUAR ..... :)

mkv toolnix was to complecated for me , and i realy wanted to cut , select part of the recording ( to get the exakt start and end if the episode that i recorded)

and thats where Avidemux is sooo good and easy to use ( i simply love this app)

But your anser AQUAR made me for the first time try diffrent
Output Format

AVI Muxer was replaist by Mpeg TS Muxer (ff)  , and the problem was solved .   
thanks AQUAR for opening my eyes.

jcgeny

.ts files are made for tv : mpeg2 or h264 for HD .
quality is good but using AVI is not a great idea...because you enter in a codecs world ...that is rather old and no longer used .

Avidemux is made to recompress the ts files so you ll keep the quality but lower the size of the movie .
[h264 is better than mpeg2 ...if you have a nvidia use the cuda h264 to have quick compression ]

Jan Gruuthuse

In Avidemux Menu: Audio -> Select Track -> [Unknown] you can select the 'label' for the audio track.
You can then save this as Tinypy project in Menu Files -> Tiny Project -> Save As Project

Edit afterwards the saved Tinypy Project file and remove references to loaded video file: see for some info here: Custom Menu and Saved projects

Do check if the 5 audio tracks are kept? Could be avidemux on keeps only 4 audiotracks.

AQUAR

As Jan said, you can actually set the audio label to a specific language by using the audio tracks configuration.
That will suit you better if MKV toolnix is a bit to difficult to use.

The TS container is designed for transmitting media via error prone transmission media (like over the air TV broadcasting!).
For playback on a monitor (using a media player) a Program Stream container is normally used (AVI, MKV, MP4 etc).
In your case the matching container is MP4 (but MKV is also very good).

Try MKV.