Scroll wheel always moves slider backwards

Started by fbacher, April 04, 2013, 11:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbacher

I use my scroll wheel on my mouse to fine tune my position in the video in the slider. I notice that it always moves the slider backwards. Using arrow keys seems to work fine, however.

Ubuntu 12.10-64 Gnome, 2.6.3  QT, self built.

Jan Gruuthuse

confirmed:
mouse wheel scrolling forward = reverses navigation slider to begin
mouse wheel scrolling backward = reverses navigation slider to begin

brevardo

I have Avidemux 2. 5. 4 and I am using it on a MacBook Pro and I too am really annoyed that when using the time slider that it only moves the video backwards. You would think if you slide your fingers upward on the trackpad that it would mover the video forward and when you run your fingers downward it would then move the video backwards. It should be set to do the same movement with the mouse. If Avidemux could fix this bug then I think this video editor software would actually be better than Virtual Dub. But until then, I feel that VirtualDub is still the best.

Jan Gruuthuse

grab slider with mouse and use up/down arrow key to narrow it down instead of using mouse wheel: its faster.

brevardo

Yeah. I've done that and the arrow keys work fine for forward and reverse. I was just really hoping  could do it with the mouse. you would just think the mouse would give you more options.

dings

clicks on the slider bar also have the same behavior:
click left of slider - moves backwards
click right of slider - also moves backwards

avidemux-2.6.4 on gentoo

Jan Gruuthuse

Fixed: commit: 7d9c8a6    [UI/QT] Manage wheel up/down differently, thanks to O. Molteni for pointing it out

Jog/shuttle & Slider: mouse scrollwheel is back in good working order

Slider: move mouse pointer on silder with mouse scrollwheel roll forward/backward

Jog/shuttle:
- click on Jog/shuttle to select
- with mouse wheel
  roll forward: move speed selection to the right
  roll backward: move speed selection to the left
  press scrollwheel, roll forward/backward: move forward/backward in video at selected speed