Default file name is the same every time

Started by andrewk8, June 12, 2016, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewk8

Using ADM 2.6.12 Windows x64.
Every time I click save, the default file name is the same.  I probably used it several months ago, but that file doesn't exist any more.  Closing ADM and re-opening it doesn't fix the problem.
The only place I can find the file name is in %appdata%\avidemux\conf2 under "lastdir_read" with a path and file name. 

What's really confusing is that when I click save, the default folder is the last folder used (correct / expected behavior), but the default file name is always the one from the "lastdir_read" property.

(Should I ask why a file name is even stored in a DIRectory property, or is that a whole different issue?)

Jan Gruuthuse

try changing this part in config2
"lastdir_write" : "\/home\/jan\/Videos\/test.mp4"
test.mp4 -> new-video.mkv

Norbert

I'd like to support Andrew's point.

(May I respectfully ask where I can find config2? Using ADM 2.6.12 on Windows x64 as well, I have a mixed English and German speaking GUI, and I guess "Config" (Einstellungen) would be the last item in the menu I reckon is labelled "Edit" (Bearbeiten), however there is no item that lets one put in details about a default file name.)

I would find it a good idea if the default file name could be set not to a static never-changing always the same (old) one but either to the file name of the currently active file, or the name of the most recently saved file.

andrewk8

Quote from: Norbert on June 12, 2016, 06:33:21 PMI would find it a good idea if the default file name could be set not to a static never-changing always the same (old) one but either to the file name of the currently active file, or the name of the most recently saved file.
Yes, I'd also like to see the default file name the same as the one that's opened.

andrewk8

mean

It is normally the name of the last opened file
Seems there is a bug

mean

i.e. folder is the folder where the last file was written/read from
and the actual filename is the last opened file with extension updated

andrewk8

Quote from: mean on June 12, 2016, 07:42:22 PMi.e. folder is the folder where the last file was written/read fromand the actual filename is the last opened file with extension updated
The folder with the file from "lastdir_read" was created 4 months ago and I haven't used it since.  I've since opened and saved hundreds of other files since 4 months ago; all from other locations.  I had 2.6.10 Winx64 installed when I last used that folder.  Then I had 2.6.11 and now 2.6.12 installed.
Quote from: mean on June 12, 2016, 07:39:40 PMIt is normally the name of the last opened file. Seems there is a bug
"normally"?  ADM should not be suggesting the default file name contained in "lastDIR_read".

AQUAR

Perfectly sensible to suggest the file name in the manner described.
If I work on a file it is nice to have it pop up on whenever I wish to save an intermediary result.

RoadRanger

Yes, same "stuck" filename here too. Just a minor annoyance in a great program :)