News:

--

Main Menu

Can't resize window to desired size

Started by scootergrisen, June 25, 2016, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootergrisen

I use Avidemux 2.6.8 on Debian Jessie.
The window seem to have a minimum height so i cant make it as small as i like.

I would like to suggest to make the user have control of the window size so it will fit on "not so high resolution screens".
I use 1366x768 and in GNOME i have a top panel and window list on the bottom so Avidemux is just a little bit to high to fit.

If i remove the codec options toolbar (Ctrl + Alt + C) i can made the window smaller.
So maybe add a scrollbar to the codec options toolbar so the window can be made smaller and still be able to use the whole codec options toolbar.

The area with the video does not seem to affect the window size, if i make the window smaller the area with the video will be cut.
Maybe better to resize the video area with respect the the aspect ratio and you can still see the whole image without it being cut.

Also i can't maximize the window like other programs i have.
And also i can't send the window to fill the left or right side of the screen like other programs i have.

Jan Gruuthuse

is zoom not helping on resized window?
numeric keypad:
4 = 1/4 of the movie canvas
3 = 1/2 of the movie canvas
2 = 1/1 of the movie canvas (full)
1 = 2/1 of the movie canvas (double)

scootergrisen

I would not call it helping but yes it changes the size of the window, depending on the video resolution.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you hook up an 2nd external monitor (to laptop, VGA,HDMI, ...?), this would probably help and bypass the original screen issue.
Don't know if time can be found to look at your specific problem.
If you're on GTK instead of QT(4/5), I would not count on this. Avidemux GTK development is on halt.
As usual my personal opinion, can't speak for developer(s). So: maybe sometime? ? ? ?