MP4 files written with newer LAVF versions can't be loaded into Vegas Pro.

Started by noisywan, December 09, 2023, 12:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisywan

Hi,
After an update on October 2020, video files I've trimmed with AVIDEMUX stopped working with Vegas Pro.

I have inspected the video files and noticed that MP4/AVC files that were trimmed with AVIDEMUX are written with 3 different versions of LAVF.
LAVF57.71.100
LAVF58.29.100
LAVF58.76.100

The LAVF version-57 files can be loaded into Vegas Pro without any problem but files written with versions 58 can't be loaded. (The audio stream loads OK but video stream is not.)

I have found that this problem has occured after updating AVIDEMUX on October 2020.
The MP4 files trimmed with the new version after October 2020 creates files that Vegas Pro can't open.

Is there a way to fix this issue other than re-trimming all the videos using the old app? (like installing some library DLL or something like that)

dosdan2

I tried this with Vegas Pro 12 & 14, and the latest ADM VC++ nightly (5 Nov 2023).

https://www.avidemux.org/nightly/vsWin64/

• Panasonic camcorder MP4 containing AVC & AAC streams.
  • Loaded in ADM. Went 1 minute in. Found next keyframe. Set End/Out marker. Did a Copy/Copy save of the trimmed MP4 using the MP4 Muxer.
  • Loaded and played the trimmed MP4 successfully in VP 12/14.

The muxer ADM used was in Lavf60.3.100

Quote from: noisywan on December 09, 2023, 12:12:33 AMIs there a way to fix this issue other than re-trimming all the videos using the old app? (like installing some library DLL or something like that)

I suggest trying a straight Copy/Copy save of an affected MP4 with the latest ADM nightly to see if a remux fixes this problem.