--

Main Menu

x265 pass 2 failure

Started by rolandpisano, November 26, 2016, 07:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Now I've verified that adding

ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DX265_USE_UTF8=1)

to avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x265/CMakeLists.txt:4 fixes the issue when encoding in HEVC and saving video to a file whose filename contains characters like à. This might have got omitted at some point.

Is all this ANSI stuff still needed with Windows 7 and later? My NTFS partitions get wonderfully mounted in UTF-8 mode.

Would you please add it so it makes it into the next official nightly? It don't have time to go the usual way with pull requests etc. today, my apologies.

rolandpisano

Will this correct the missing "\" in folder name too ?
I didn't suspect the diacritic characters. It seems obvious to me, as I'm French !
I will try it on a file that fails. I will tell you !
Thanks

rolandpisano

Maybe you've found the clue !
All the recording that succeed had no diacritic characters.
All the recording that failed had diacritic characters !

UTF8 ! That's it !

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on November 30, 2016, 03:50:48 PM
Would you please add it so it makes it into the next official nightly? It don't have time to go the usual way with pull requests etc. today, my apologies.

Nevermind, I've opened a pull request, maybe as a stop-gap solution for now. This way utf8StringToAnsi function becomes unused, can it be safely removed together with references in the x264 and x265 code?

rolandpisano

I can now confirm that all recordings can be encoded with x265 if I use no diacritic characters in the name of the destination file. Even those that previously failed.
Thank you for the trick.