Trimming a WMV/WMA video/audio file -> MKV -- Cannot Open Muxer

Started by rfg, November 27, 2016, 01:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfg

Just one other quick comment...

Whatever the problem was that was causing the video preview sub-window to fail to always update properly (after moving the timeline cursor) until the mouse cursor was moved entirely off the Avidemux window, it seems to be fixed by the 11/24/2016 nightly.  So I guess that you can just forget I even mentioned it.  (But keep in mind that this issue is present in the official pre-built 2.6.15 available from the Ubuntu repository.  In case anyone else reports it, you can just tell them to get a more recent nightly.)

Jan Gruuthuse

Quoteofficial pre-built 2.6.15 available from the Ubuntu repository.
On 14.04 LTS Ubuntu repository is only avidemux 2.5.4 available.
On 16.04 LTS Ubuntu repository is avidemux not available.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: rfg on November 29, 2016, 11:17:18 PM
Whatever the problem was that was causing the video preview sub-window to fail to always update properly (after moving the timeline cursor) until the mouse cursor was moved entirely off the Avidemux window, it seems to be fixed by the 11/24/2016 nightly.

This issue has been mentioned for hardware accelerated decoding and output multiple times in the past, I was never able to reproduce it. Are you sure you use the same decoder and output now as with the "official pre-built" 2.6.15?

rfg

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on November 30, 2016, 09:31:21 AM
Quoteofficial pre-built 2.6.15 available from the Ubuntu repository.
On 14.04 LTS Ubuntu repository is only avidemux 2.5.4 available.
On 16.04 LTS Ubuntu repository is avidemux not available.
Yea.  Sorry.  My bad. When I installed the thing, I just began by googling for "install avidemux Ubuntu" and follwed the set of directions that came up.  Apparently, I actually got the thing from the "GetDeb" repository.

rfg

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on November 30, 2016, 09:48:03 AM
Quote from: rfg on November 29, 2016, 11:17:18 PM
Whatever the problem was that was causing the video preview sub-window to fail to always update properly (after moving the timeline cursor) until the mouse cursor was moved entirely off the Avidemux window, it seems to be fixed by the 11/24/2016 nightly.

This issue has been mentioned for hardware accelerated decoding and output multiple times in the past, I was never able to reproduce it. Are you sure you use the same decoder and output now as with the "official pre-built" 2.6.15?
See the other comment I just posted.  It appears now that I probably actually got the specific pre-built 2.6.15 where I saw the issue from the GetDeb repository.  So if you want to try to reproduce, you could try sucking that specific binary down and then try to reproduce it running that.

(I just looked at that a bit, and apparently, after a couple of symlinks, the actual binary that was being executed had/has the path /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt5 so perhaps that full name will give you an extra hint about what exactly I was running when I saw the issue.  Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I neglected to make notes when I first installed Avidemux on my Ubuntu system, and its hard for me to remember exactly what I did anymore.)

I saw the issue while trying to work on WMV/WMA files, but I just now went back and executed that specific binary again and I was also able to reproduce the problem also when working on MP4(AVC)/AAC files.

P.S.  The system in question has an AMD APU, in case that makes any difference.