News:

--

Main Menu

Ouput view with filters

Started by as_te_ri_x, August 05, 2017, 11:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

as_te_ri_x

Hello!

I've been using avidemux on debian for a while but I got used to 2.5 branch UI as it had the input/output or side-by-side view option.

In that version you could seek frame-by-frame with the filters applied to the image, with the newest versions that's not possible (or is it?).
I'm just able to make it "Play filtered" (not frame-by-frame)... And also the option for side-by-side (input and output) was great in some situations to teach and learn some of the color filters, implications, etc.

I've found that version so great I was using it in debian jessie (through Marillat debian-multimedia wheezy repositories and some apt pinning) until last month. But as  debian stable jumped from jessie to stretch I now have some issues with dependencies that I can't sort them out... (libvxp1 >= 1 or something can't be installed)

If some dev could bring light on this it would be great!!

I guess if you can play filtered it should be easy to show it paused and allow a frame-by-frame seek (backwards or forwards).

Thanks for the great work and for maintaining this great software!!

AQUAR

Not a developer but a layman that might give some light.

ADM 2.5 and ADM 2.7 are completely different programs under the hood.

The old ADM2.5 way of frame seeking is too complicated when applied to modern codecs.
In modern codecs, lots of frames are reconstructed from the details in future and past frames.
The complication lies in keeping track of the frames needed as well as their stored order.

ADM2.7 is no longer a frame based editor like ADM2.5, but a time based editor to get along with modern codecs.

Lots of ADM2.5 "frame related" features are very difficult to implement with ADM2.7 because of this.

as_te_ri_x

Thanks AQUAR for the information on that!

I've noticed that on the Preview window allows you to jump frame by frame!! But it's just for the next frame and it doesn't allow the arrow keys to move it...

Could the previous frame button be added?

Could the arrow keys control these options (previous and next frame)?

Thanks!!

Jan Gruuthuse

Use the preview in player, not in filter preview. See if that works for you.
Bottom Right Hand [V] play filtered

as_te_ri_x

Hi Jan!

Thanks for your reply! But that was my problem... The play filtered only shows output image when playing not when it is stopped.
And I wanted to be able to compare frame-by-frame ouput render...

In preview mode it's almost that... But lacks the previous frame button.

And if those could be controlled via the arrow keys it would be great!

What's your thoughts on that? Is it doable? :)

Thanks!! Keep up the great work!

Jan Gruuthuse

Only developer(s) have an answer to this.
Me is just a basic user ;)

AQUAR

The frames in the preview window can only go forward because of the same reasons mentioned above.
To my way of thinking, ADM just doesn't have the information to create the previous virtual frame.

A better explanation requires expert knowledge (not me that's for sure!).

as_te_ri_x

Ok!
Thank you both for your info on this!

For me it seems simple because I don't know the implementation...

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: as_te_ri_x on August 07, 2017, 09:29:17 AM
And if those could be controlled via the arrow keys it would be great!

You can navigate in the filter preview forwards and backwards with arrow keys, just bring focus to the navigation slider first. Grabbing all key press events for arrow keys like in the main window is not viable because filter GUIs may include other sliders and similar controls.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 07, 2017, 05:08:53 PM
You can navigate in the filter preview forwards and backwards with arrow keys, [...]

Navigate != framestep

Oops  :-[

as_te_ri_x

Yep... I got thrilled, but then I realize it wasn't jumping frames but keyframes (I guess)...

Although this implementation brought me to mind that it could be more useful that in the position slider the right arrow key could call the same method of the button ">" (for the next frame).