News:

--

Main Menu

Error importing PCM audio

Started by superwolf95, September 26, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superwolf95

Hi everyone,
i'm trying to use Avidemux as a way to remux AVCHD/H264 streams from professional camcorders into single MP4 files, it's always a pain to archive them or even use them on programs like Adobe Premiere, their folder structure is a mess and the index slows down even powerful machines.

Anyway i found out it should be really easy with Avidemux, just drag and drop the different streams into the program, let it build an index and copy the video stream into a new single file, just re encoding the audio stream at most.

but while using an mts file straight from a panasonic camera i found a problem: with current stable version (2.6) the program failed to find an audio track, with the most recent nightly (2.7 - 170919) it found the audio track but there's this strange tone all over the file (see link attached), it stays in the output file if i encode the track to mp3 and even if i just copy the PCM track to a mkv muxer. Again, the file is from a Panasonic professional camcorder and under MPC-HC it is marked as pcm_bluray codec. I think there's a problem with how Avidemux reads from the track, the stream is read as an LPCM stream and that sound may be a clock signal or something like that.

link to the error:
https://youtu.be/FSPcaTn-rIM

I need help, i'd be grateful for that

Thanks in advance

Jan Gruuthuse

It is on both channels, more on the right then on the left.
Can you provide an original from the camera, 3 to 10 seconds would do.

upload using one of these methods: Upload Hochladen Télécharger Subir

superwolf95

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 26, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
It is on both channels, more on the right then on the left.
Can you provide an original from the camera, 3 to 10 seconds would do.

upload using one of these methods: Upload Hochladen Télécharger Subir

thanks for the response
however, the original files are really big, i have no longer access to those cameras to make a short try. here's a short mp4 file with the PCM converted to mp3 via FFmpeg. i'd like to use it but there's not a short way to merge different files via command line or script.
if you have a better way to do this tell me
https://we.tl/JoGOMLR3bM

i'm now trying to do the same thing with an older panasonic, remux without reencoding, except for the wrong pixel ratio the mpeg audio track is working correctly, i guess it depends on how the camera works. i have a lot of Sony XDCAM footage that i'd like to simplify, i'll try with that later and post results

if there's a good willing developer out there reading me i'll be really interested in buying a tool that rapidly remux pro cameras footage into easily readable MP4s like the DSLR's ones. make something easy and reliable, charge 20€ for that and you'll be rich

Jan Gruuthuse

audacity  set preferences in menu edit: When exporting tracks to an audio file (Middle)
(*) use custum mix (for example to export to 5.1 multichannel(s)

- you need library: FFmpeg import/export library – Allows Audacity to import and export many additional audio formats such as AC3, AMR(NB), M4A and WMA, and to import audio from video files. https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

- drag drop mp4 on to audacity
- the channel with the bigest wave has the distortion. in sample from you tube bottom = right channel
- menu file: export audio, like mp3 or other wanted format
-- mouse click blue top channel L, marked red rectangle,  mouse click on channel 2, boxes connect
-- mouse click blue bottom channel R, R channel disconnects

click ok, save file
eventually you can apply noise reduction
mark spiky bid before speech, effect, noise reduction, click [Get Noise Profile], [OK]
edit: select all,  effect, noise reduction, click OK
save audio again

the cleaned audio can be added wih avidemux into video: Menu: Audio: Select track: [track 0] <- click, .... add audio track,

a lot of steps, but if the video is important, it should work

2 audio tracks
1st) left channel to stereo -> 2nd) stereo noise reduction
Download link: https://we.tl/5f3IUuVTKt
Mp3rescued.zip 1 file, 247 KB in total ・ Will be deleted on 3 October, 2017

superwolf95

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 26, 2017, 04:21:11 PM
audacity  set preferences in menu edit: When exporting tracks to an audio file (Middle)
(*) use custum mix (for example to export to 5.1 multichannel(s)

- you need library: FFmpeg import/export library – Allows Audacity to import and export many additional audio formats such as AC3, AMR(NB), M4A and WMA, and to import audio from video files. https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

- drag drop mp4 on to audacity
- the channel with the bigest wave has the distortion. in sample from you tube bottom = right channel
- menu file: export audio, like mp3 or other wanted format
-- mouse click blue top channel L, marked red rectangle,  mouse click on channel 2, boxes connect
-- mouse click blue bottom channel R, R channel disconnects

click ok, save file
eventually you can apply noise reduction
mark spiky bid before speech, effect, noise reduction, click [Get Noise Profile], [OK]
edit: select all,  effect, noise reduction, click OK
save audio again

the cleaned audio can be added wih avidemux into video: Menu: Audio: Select track: [track 0] <- click, .... add audio track,

a lot of steps, but if the video is important, it should work

2 audio tracks
1st) left channel to stereo -> 2nd) stereo noise reduction
Download link: https://we.tl/5f3IUuVTKt
Mp3rescued.zip 1 file, 247 KB in total ・ Will be deleted on 3 October, 2017
thanks for all those suggestions, the video is not that important alone and ffmpeg is perfectly able to rapidly change the muxer to mp4 while maintaining the video streaming and encoding the pcm to mp3, the problem is if there's a way to do this in avidemux, i really like the interface and with those things working it would be great. i need to get things fast on the field, other than that i'm always able to work on my streams, i only want to save time

maybe we just need a menu to manually select the input preferences, for example the video correct aspect ratio or the correct framerate, or in this case the proper audio codec mode, that's doable in other programs (like premiere) and with avidemux's open nature would be a really nice tool

Jan Gruuthuse

I'm not part of developing team. If you operate plenty of video from same source, perhaps you can achieve this with setting up avidemux for that use.
Save the project script (Files->Project Script->Save As Project

- Custom Menu and Saved projects
-- basic settings
-- additional audio track info
-- edit saved Project Script.py

Quotethe video correct aspect ratio or the correct framerate
These would be set with filters.

hope you can use some of this.