First post and just a quick question about VBR or Video Quality

Started by grapejelly33, October 15, 2017, 06:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grapejelly33

Hi,

I just joined and I just hopefully have a quick easy question for you all.

I use the latest windows version (2.7.0)

I have a ton of ipad videos to edit and I would like to know the best quality but quickest and most efficient space saving codec.

I know some background about video and the whole if it is a lot of moving action scenes or if its not for the CBR and VBR..

I'm sure this has been debated 1 million times but I am under the assumption that I am to select :

1. Mpeg4 (AVC)
-However I have an nvidia card, should I ever select (Nvidia H264?)

2. AAC (LAV) or MP3 at 192 bitrate..

3. I would like to use "Average bit Rate" but should I be using "Constant bitrate/rate factor/ quantiser" ??

Which of these settings will allow me to quickly have great quality with speed and ability to play/stream to youtube and even my smart TV to show my parents.

Thank you.

Jan Gruuthuse

Use a one minute test video of material you're to use most. Check on the device(s) you want to play for yourself. (Mediaplayer, flatscreen tv's, ....). It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Quote from: grapejelly33 on October 15, 2017, 06:32:36 PM
1. Mpeg4 (AVC)
-However I have an nvidia card, should I ever select (Nvidia H264?)
If your card does support hw acceleration? There would be speed gain, possible a (noticeable) quality loss.

Quote2. AAC (LAV) or MP3 at 192 bitrate..
Check if the combination you want to use, does work on the intended devices, not all do support mp3, mp3 is most of the time stereo only. Unless your device has MP3 surround.