News:

--

Main Menu

My Feature Requests v3

Started by jan771, November 02, 2017, 06:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan771

I still miss those kind of features:

1. Is there an Image Stabilisation Filter to be imported from somewhere? This is urgently needed for action cam films and also for some old polaroid movies having a "jumping image". Having such a filter would improve compression rates drastically, at least 50%. I uploaded a demo-file. Such a filter can be very simple, unless no moving pixels are displacing the same way:
https://navigator.gmx.net/cloud?sid=bf09f800b0e97916f9fdca95e57d205d047b4c10ded4925fb251f979bd92b8a8f27301b9a7bde131dc701fed15922059
JumpingImageFromPolraoidRecording.mkv

Hints for Developers: Perhaps th(ese/is) is useful:
- http://adaptivesamples.com/2014/05/30/camera-stabilisation-with-ffmpeg/
-Stabbo http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171250
-Deshaker http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm
For stabilisation of shaky video's you could "pre-process" using avisynth or vapoursynth, there seems to be a filter in.

2. Please import some of those legacy media filters lke those some day. Also unless encoding legacy polaroid and magnetic media movies takes much more space than encoding digitally remastered movies. important are Brilliance Equaliser, Gradation Curves, Levels, RGBEQ2.2
http://www.engon.de/audio/vhs4.htm

3. Error Scanning like in VirtualDub would be great. There are still some errors in TS-Files possible which makes it impossible to AviDemux, to convert the file, unless there are timestamps missing, due to bad receiption quality or a UMTS distortion.

4. Setting meta-infos for the video-files. As well the container Meta tags, like: "Copyright", "Publisher", "Description", "Artist" as also the file meta infos you can add in the browser in windows: "Description", "Genre", "Codec", so can not even sort by container type, but also by codec.

5. Selecting a place to save idx file to, if you directly open VIDEO_TS Files from readonly device.

6. Possibility to import/export or "use" ColdCut CutLists for video files, which is the default format for onlinetvrecorder.com

AQUAR

Nothing wrong with asking for features.
However, Avidemux is described as a simple video editor and these kinds of features are a bit more than that IMHO.

I think You already know that Avisynth or Vapoursynth can be used to feed such processed frames to Avidemux (via its proxy server).
So much of what you want is doable with free open source code.

Many of the filters from the frame based ADM version that you are missing also are incompatible with the new time based ADM version.

jan771

well, I consider AviDemux as format conversion tool. But if you want to convert a shaky video you will definately fail, unless this video is already compressed to its maximum and you won't succeed. Deshaker would reduce the size by about 50%, but it works only in VirtualDub.

AviSynth is a powerful tool, but also has no deshaker. The source code of deshaker is available for download.

And as I discover, all Magnetic or Polaroid-Filters are getting more and more outdated and getting less interesting.

AQUAR

This is how the author describes ADM, see http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Problem is that current codecs are much more complex than those in the xvid days.

zakk

Yes but deshaking analysis is independant from codecs.

AQUAR

And, for a simple video editor the implication of that being so, is?

Just about anything video filter wise, video analysis wise, video/audio timeline presentation wise etc, can be incorporated with due C+/QT coding effort (just need the relevant expertise and willingness to give time to this project). 

Eumagga 42 has made some user experience type modifications of late, but AFAIK, Mean's drive has actually been to slim down ADM 2.7 relative to ADM 2.5 (plus leaving out incompatible filters from the VFW days).

There are deshaker filters for avisynth, but I don't know how well they work or if the OP has tried and rejected them (and one of them uses the virtualdub deshaker the OP likes).
If the deshaker filter works on a fully decoded frame by frame basis then maybe it can be added easily to ADM, but I doubt very much that this is the case as I think you would need past, present and future to analyse/establish shaky business.

Anyway, my point was to gently inform this forum member that adding a deshaker filter to ADM is probably outside the scope of ADM, but it can't hurt to ask.

jan771

I don't know why you are blocking this issue so much. AviDemux has lots of filters and it is obivous, that a deshaker ist urgently needed additionally. As well, for Polaroid Movies as also for Action Cam recordings or alike.

According to the developer, Avidemux shall have powerful scripting capabilities. Why that if it does not support the basic tasks for format conversion and compression?

AQUAR

@ jan771
I am an end user like yourself and have no ability to block or implement these feature requests.

The Author's of ADM may well consider that there is merit in these features and implement them.
Time will tell if they respond in the positive, and if there is no response then that tells the tale (doesn't it!).

Meanwhile, having a discussion keeps this topic bumped for your benefit.

IMHO:
Its not likely to happen, and I just wanted to let you know that rather then leave your post go un answered.
ADM already supports the basic tasks for format conversion and compression plus various processing manipulations.
ADM also accepts Avisynth and Vapoursynth frames and so further expand its usefulness (including deshaking).
Any extra usefull filter is appreciated by the endusers.

Lets see if Mean or Eumagga have an opinion one way or another.

zakk

I would gently ask forum members to have some relevant information or knowledge before flooding interesting topics.
Good luck jan771, I very much would like this filter too.

jan771

didn't I do so? How do you suggest?

AQUAR

@ jan771
The comment from zakk was directed at me, so don't worry about it.
If a deshaker filter gets incorporated into avidemux that will be nice, and like zakk I would like it as well.

jan771

maybe AQUAR, you should remove your posts then

Jan Gruuthuse

And why shold AQUAR remove his posts? I see no wrong doing.

AQUAR

@jan771

Zakk is a repeat offender in baiting for useless defensive banter.
His input here is only meant to create discontent, so I understand why you made that last comment.

The virtualdub deshaker plugin does a 2 pass analysis on decoded frames, and I wondered how a standalone video editor like Avidemux
would get along with the mechanics of such a filter. Hence why I asked zakk to expand on his comment that deshaking analysis is
independent from codecs (pity about his response!).

I like your feature request but IMHO don't think it will be done as based on my observation of ADM's historical development (that's all!).
Hopefully a better response will be forthcoming from those at the productive development end of Avidemux.