How to extract one language from multilangual .mov file

Started by Akasashasha, November 22, 2017, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akasashasha

Hello dears,

I've been working long on Mac and it was possible with quicktime 7 to delete audio files in multilingual .mov files in order to have only one / two language.  ??? Need an example  ;) ?
- got a .mov file with 5 different languages (let say english, french, german, spanish, italian)
- I want 5 different video files as output : one with english, one with english and french, one with english and german, etc ...

got it ?  ;D
so is that possible with Avidemux ? I'm looking for a software who can do that in Windows (Windows 10 to be more precise)
and if possible to do the other way around (meaning adding audio files to a video), would be great to find out how.

thanks and love

AK

Jan Gruuthuse

Avidemux can handle 4 audio tracks.
The missing audio track you would need to extract with audio editor like audacity + its FFmpeg import/export library.
You could then import in avidemux the extracted audio track.

Akasashasha

thanks for this info ... but it's not exactly what I'm asking, I'll try to be more precise:
- got a .mov video for a public talk with 4 translation in it
- when opening in Avidemux, I only find the first audio with speaker language, other ones do not appear, I can't hear them
- how to import in Avidemux a .mov multilingual file properly so that all translation files (tracks) are included ?
- once imported in Avidemux, how to select the audio file I want to hear and delete (or deselect) other audio files ?

eumagga0x2a

Audio --> Select Track. The first active one is played.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Akasashasha on November 22, 2017, 12:38:27 PM
- how to import in Avidemux a .mov multilingual file properly so that all translation files (tracks) are included ?
load video, possibly up to 4 audio tracks are discovered

Quote- once imported in Avidemux, how to select the audio file I want to hear and delete (or deselect) other audio files ?
see previous answer from eumagga0x2a
Menu: Audio: Select Track: Make you choice

enabled tracks are saved, disabled not.