Runtime C++ error on Avidemux job first start - Avidemux 2.6 32 bits - Win 7

Started by Olivier77, August 01, 2018, 10:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivier77

Hello,

On the first start of Avidemux jobs", first i have the error "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contacte the application's team for information". Then i have 2 APPCRASH on avidemux_job.exe (default modules: libstdc++-6.dll then ntdll.dll)

Version of the Application: Avidemux  2.60.20 32 bits
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1 32 bits

This error occur on the first start of each Windows profile of Avidemux jobs, on the next lauch it working fine. It seems linkink to the creation of the file jobs.sql on "...userprofile\AppData\Roaming\avidemux". Because if i delete this file i have the error again.It seems linking to the Microsoft Redistribuable C ++. On my company the PC master have by default the Microsoft Redistribuable C ++ 2008 x86 9.0.30729.4148.
It's very strange because during my tests after installing / uninstalling, installing other version ..., sometimes it working fine but i haven't found the logical, the mechanism.
Note that i have a station which it working fine (PC with the master default version and other version) but if i reproduce the same Microsoft Redistribuable C ++ configuration it doesn't work. I have a PC with no Microsoft Redistribuable C ++ installed and it working. i'am a little lost with this  :P

Do you have an idea with this issue. Is there Microsoft Redistribuable C ++ requirement ? Other way ?
Many thanks

eumagga0x2a

All versions older than the latest release are unsupported. I can't say for sure from

QuoteIt's very strange because during my tests after installing / uninstalling, installing other version ..., sometimes it working fine

whether you have reproduced the issue both with the latest release 2.7.1 and the last available nightly build.

What concerns the platform (Windows 7 32 bits), I am afraid that Avidemux gets zero testing coverage on it.

AQUAR

I can recall having a runtime error initiated by ADM a long time ago.
Ntdll is a core component of windows and maybe therefore perform a system filecheck or reinstall it.

ADM doesn't require the C++ runtime libraries, as its cross-compiled on Linux, so the message about it might be misleading.
The ADM programmers may be able to offer specific advise wrt the needs of ADM's libstdc library (beyond my skills!).

ADM has moved a long way forward from version 2.6 and so update to the latest nightly and see if this problem still exists.