News:

--

Main Menu

more problems saving rotated video

Started by jaxxin, September 14, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxxin

Hi all, I've searched and read advice on saving a filtered video but can't get it to work.
Windows 7, Avidemux 2.71, updated today.
Mpeg4AVC, MkvMuxer

I have a video that's upside down.  Rotate 180 deg, fine.  Preview, fine. Play with preview enabled, fine.  But when I stop Play it reverts to the upside down original.  When I save, I get the original, not the edited version. What am I missing? I don't see any option for saving the edit.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: jaxxin on September 14, 2018, 08:18:57 PM
Play with preview enabled, fine.  But when I stop Play it reverts to the upside down original.

You can't pause video with filter preview enabled, so this behaviour is entirely expected and normal. The filter is applied when re-encoding the video.

QuoteWhen I save, I get the original, not the edited version.

Would you please save the edit as a project script (File --> Project Script --> Save As Project) and attach the .py file to your reply? Apart from that, could you please provide the output of MediaInfo both for the source and for the re-encoded video?

Just in case, please try the latest available nightly build (r180901 as of now) instead of the last release.

Jan Gruuthuse

check
- the saved video is probably in another location then the original
- you open the saved video and not the original video

whilst saving you should see the progress bar:

jaxxin

Thanks all, this time it saved the edit.  Must have been a computer glitch last night.  I don't think I'm doing anything different.