News:

--

Main Menu

DTS-HD MA not detected in MPEG-TS

Started by ElonMusk, December 31, 2023, 01:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElonMusk

Hello, am running 2.8.1 version, also tried the latest night build avidemux_r231223_win64Qt5_20.zip, but having issue the avidemux doesnt see DTS-HD MA audio track at all. The file is a m2ts copied from BD. When I play the file in media aplayer it works fine. Please see the screenshot attached. Many thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Please provide a sample (~300 MiB should suffice) via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.

ElonMusk

It is actually DTS-HD High Resolution Audio instead of DTS-HD MA as I can see now, anyway here is the sample (demuxed to mkv): sample

eumagga0x2a

The MKV sample may be or may not be useful, but for the original issue I would need a fragment of the unaltered source MPEG-TS file.

ElonMusk

help me by pointing me to SW that can cut the original m2ts file into segments please

eumagga0x2a

On *nix head or dd, on Windows there was at least a freeware HJSplit, but maybe meanwhile such basic file operations can be performed with on-board tools.

eumagga0x2a

Whatever DTS variety is in the provided MKV, Avidemux (I refer to the latest git master) is capable of saving it with the audio track in copy mode as MPEG-TS (M2TS mode) and subsequently loading the resulting m2ts file with the audio being fully preserved. Therefore it is essential to get hold of a piece of the source MPEG-TS file as the problem seems to be specific to it.

ElonMusk

Thank you. You are right about the DTS track in mkv provided work correctly in avidemux. I have used HjSplit recommneded and here is the part of original m2ts file to check on: sample + second file of a sample (for succesful unpack with winrar)

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the samples. I've added the elementary stream ID assigned to DTS XBR to the list of known DTS IDs in the MPEG-TS demuxer. Please try a future nightly (or cross-compile yourself).

Quote from: ElonMusk on January 02, 2024, 02:22:44 AMfor succesful unpack with winrar

cat firstFile secondFile > /path/to/bothFilesConcatenated
No crutches needed ;)

ElonMusk