--

Main Menu

Editing out time

Started by eager to learn, October 22, 2018, 04:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eager to learn

My esteemed mates,

I'm a newbie running Windows 7 on a PC.

I just downloaded and installed Avidemux on the laptop.

I've never used it so I'm not sure where and how I set A/B markers.

After I've opened the short .mp4 file in Avidemux, I see if I click on the Edit (tab) up top in the drop-dp0wn menu is a Set Marker A – Ctrl + Page Up and Set Marker B – Ctrl + Page Down.

I'm not sure the step(s) in actually setting the Marker A and B?

Also, under Output format there is an MP4 Muxer choice and an MP4v 2 Muxer, which would best?

Finally, there's a Configure button – do I click that to save the new (edited) video clip?

Thank you!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eager to learn on October 22, 2018, 04:45:00 PM
I'm a newbie running Windows 7 on a PC.

I wish my time would flow that slowly – two years have passed since https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,16911.msg75567.html#msg75567

QuoteAfter I've opened the short .mp4 file in Avidemux, I see if I click on the Edit (tab) up top in the drop-dp0wn menu is a Set Marker A – Ctrl + Page Up and Set Marker B – Ctrl + Page Down.

I'm not sure the step(s) in actually setting the Marker A and B?

Navigate to the desired cut-in position, set marker A either by clicking the respective button or using the keyboard shortcut. Navigate to the desired end position, set marker B.

If you want to edit the video in copy mode (without re-encoding), navigate using Up and Down arrow keys or drag the navigatoin slider. This ensures that the markers are set to keyframes.

If you are going to re-encode, you may set the markers to any frame you like.

QuoteAlso, under Output format there is an MP4 Muxer choice and an MP4v 2 Muxer, which would best?

In most cases, the MP4 muxer.

QuoteFinally, there's a Configure button – do I click that to save the new (edited) video clip?

There are many configure buttons to configure different things. The one for the muxer allows e.g. to force a particular aspect ratio.