Can't uninstall Avidemux 2.7.2 after installing 2.7.3

Started by Vincent, March 22, 2019, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Hi Everyone,

I know it is now indicated that you must uninstall 2.7.2 before installing 2.7.3 but I installed 2.7.3 before this message was posted on the site.
After installing 2.7.3, I can't uninstall 2.7.2.
What should be done?
Do you know what to do?
Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

If you installed both to the same (default) target directory, the entry for 2.7.2 in the list of applications is simply a dead entry as the 2.7.2 installation has been completely overwritten by 2.7.3. Windows will usually suggest to remove this dead entry automatically if you try to use it.

In worst case, uninstall 2.7.3, install 2.7.2, uninstall 2.7.2 and reinstall 2.7.3.

Vincent

Thanks for the advice.

Finally, despite several installations and uninstallations of 2.7.2, I was unable to uninstall via Programs and Features window (from the Control Panel).
Installation was creating a second entry, and desinstallation was going back to one.

I managed to uninstall by doing Start > Avidemux > VS Proxy GUI 2.7, right click, then uninstall.

eumagga0x2a

Which Windows version are you referring to? On Windows 10, an attempt to use the dead uninstall entry in the list of applications in the control panel triggers a dialog suggesting an automatic removal of the entry.