Creating Videos With High Overall Average Bitrates

Started by Lightrunner, June 01, 2019, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightrunner

I need to be able to create videos with an overall average bitrate of 3600 kbps or higher.   My videos are a compilation of stills and clips.  Is this possible with Avidemux?    How can I set the bitrate level  - is this done when saving the video ?  How much will lower bitrate video clips drag down the overall bitrate?   The general problem I am facing seems to be that some foreign sites' standards for overall bitrate are much higher than American standards - if anyone can speak to any of these issues with creating high bitrate video, I would appreciate it.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Lightrunner on June 01, 2019, 04:51:40 PM
I need to be able to create videos with an overall average bitrate of 3600 kbps or higher.

Usually, one would want to lower the bitrate as much as possible as long as quality remains good. There are only a few cases where a constant bitrate is desirable (like in MPEG-TS streams for broadcast).

QuoteMy videos are a compilation of stills and clips.  Is this possible with Avidemux?

What should be possible? As long as dimensions are the same, Avidemux can append videos and also generate videos from still images. For better results, also the FPS should match. Audio must be handled separately as Avidemux requires identical audio tracks layout for all appended videos, which means there can't be any audio in this phase as still images don't have an audio track.

QuoteHow can I set the bitrate level  - is this done when saving the video ?

This is set in the configuration of the codec used to compress the video.

QuoteHow much will lower bitrate video clips drag down the overall bitrate?

As lower bitrate video clips usually have lower visual quality (more artifacts), they increase overall bitrate by worsening compressibility.

QuoteThe general problem I am facing seems to be that some foreign sites' standards for overall bitrate are much higher than American standards - if anyone can speak to any of these issues with creating high bitrate video, I would appreciate it.

Look, you provide zero information about the properties of the source videos and the target resolution and frame rate, how should it be possible to assess the situation?