Has Avidemux's no-batch problem ever been solved???

Started by bonkabonk, August 15, 2019, 11:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkabonk

I know, I know, this is free software, what  business do we have to complain about anything????
But  i.m.h.o, Avidemux biggest and truly epic failure is the removal/change of the way batches were made, processed or whatever. Why doesn't "Ctrl+J" work anymore?

Since version 2.6, avidemux has removed its own ability to process in batch. Despite what the advertising says, that external executable   avidemix-jobs.exe has never worked, not ever. At least not on Windows 7, and afaik not on Win10 neither.

How in the heck did someone t think is was a good idea, is beyond me. I would very much like to hear the back story on this, but more importantly, PUT IT BACK like it was in 2.5! Because like that website says.....:   "Newer is not always better"

Unless ...... somebody knows how to work that thing, and can explain it in simple steps. In which case, I'm very much obliged.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: bonkabonk on August 15, 2019, 11:00:23 AM
Why doesn't "Ctrl+J" work anymore?

What was this keyboard shortcut expected to do?

QuoteSince version 2.6, avidemux has removed its own ability to process in batch. Despite what the advertising says, that external executable   avidemix-jobs.exe has never worked, not ever. At least not on Windows 7, and afaik not on Win10 neither.

This executable definitely worked for me as it was designed during testing on Windows 10 and on Linux while working on enabling logging for it. Please explain.

QuoteUnless ...... somebody knows how to work that thing, and can explain it in simple steps. In which case, I'm very much obliged.

It would be important to know first what you want to accomplish.

bonkabonk

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 15, 2019, 11:26:31 AM

Wow, did you just  start using Avidemux? It showed the Job list or Job queue.

This executable definitely worked for me as it was designed during testing on Windows 10 and on Linux while working on enabling logging for it. Please explain.
Well, it doesn't work for me and not for a lot of people. if you google it, there's zero manuals how to make it work.

I'm baffled as to what you don't seem to be able to grasp about my question????
Tell me what is mysterious to you when you read it.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: bonkabonk on August 15, 2019, 01:01:49 PM
Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 15, 2019, 11:26:31 AM

Wow, did you just  start using Avidemux?

I was an occasional user in time of 2.5.x, I started to use it slightly more when DVB-T and then -C became available for me, around 2.6.14 or so. I never had need for batch processing with Avidemux, ffmpeg is in most cases a better tool for that.

QuoteIt showed the Job list or Job queue.

Good, so exactly what avidemux-jobs is now for. The user takes all the necessary editing steps, then instead of initiating saving immediately, uses "Add to Queue" (Ctrl+U) to specify the output file name for later processing. It is a convenience function for saving the current state of editing as a project script, then calling Avidemux with argument to the --run option pointing to the project script and --save option pointing to the desired output file.

Well, it doesn't work for me and not for a lot of people.

"Doesn't work" is not an explanation. It is you who needs it, so please explain what exactly you want to accomplish in which particular way so that it might shift priorities from other things which I deem more important.

Quoteif you google it, there's zero manuals how to make it work.

This is very true. Wanna write one with the source as reference?

I'm baffled as to what you don't seem to be able to grasp about my question????
Tell me what is mysterious to you when you read it.

There is nothing mysterious and also nothing concrete in your question.

bonkabonk

that executable doesnt execute. tell me how i get that to work.

eumagga0x2a