Avidemux > Main version 2.6

Add a still picture to a video

<< < (3/3)

Catorcio63:
eumagga0x2a, you are an inexhaustible source of information.  :)

Recently, while passing from 2.6 to 2.7, I tried to migrate a some custom x264 configuration files. And I did not manage. It took a while to realise that that feature does not work anymore in 2.7, despite the UI to save and load x264 configurations is still there (which is confusing). After googling for information, I realised that substantially that feature has been replaced by py scripts (which are even better -when you are aware of it- at least for someone familiar with programming, because py scripts have a much wider scope in controlling Avidemux functionalities. However I am not sure that users unfamiliar with programming will be happy).

In any case, by "bring along custom settings", I meant that I appreciate to be able to easily copy free software that I use, including (at least some) configuration, from one PC to another or to run the software from a USB.
For your info, I did exactly what you suggested (there is no need to rename the executable). I had an annoying although uninfluential pop up message about a missing directory, an issue which has been fixed by the last system update (likely it will be reintroduced by the next update  :) ).

Thanks for Avidemux!
Cheers.

eumagga0x2a:

--- Quote from: Catorcio63 on September 19, 2019, 11:31:37 AM ---there is no need to rename the executable
--- End quote ---

Renaming the executable to "avidemux_portable.exe" tells the Windows version of Avidemux to save its configuration in the program directory instead of in %appdata%\avidemux. That is what "portable" means.

Catorcio63:
I confirm, you are an inexhaustible source of information.  :)

Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version