Avidemux > Main version 2.6

Add a still picture to a video

<< < (2/3) > >>

eumagga0x2a:
I have the same display resolution, can't reproduce the problem you describe with Avidemux 2.7.5 VC++ on my freshly resurrected Windows 7 installation.

Do you have multiple monitors? Could you please just start Avidemux, then close it and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply (compress it as zip or 7z if necessary)?

Catorcio63:
I just noticed that I can partially resize the window horizontally, but not vertically.
Cheers.

eumagga0x2a:

--- Code: ---The screen seems to be 960 x 540 px
--- End code ---

Looks like Qt is sure it needs to apply HiDPI scaling. Try to add an env variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR set to 0.

Catorcio63:
Correct eumagga0x2a, after setting that env variable, Avidemux (2.7.5) starts in a smaller window which fits well in the screen and resizes properly.
For your info, myscreen resolution is set to 1920x1080, however I use bigger fonts (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display fonts 150% bigger, you know, the age  :) ), which maybe the culprit.
Thanks a lot!

Another issue, please. I would like to have a portable version of Avidemux (in order to bring along custom settings, of course). What do you suggest? Do you suggest the PortableApp version of Avidemux? Thanks.

Cheers.

eumagga0x2a:

--- Quote from: Catorcio63 on September 18, 2019, 11:01:10 AM ---I would like to have a portable version of Avidemux (in order to bring along custom settings, of course).
--- End quote ---

What do you mean by "bring along" exactly? A flash drive to run Avidemux on someone's else Windows computer? On your own system, you can always put a .py script with your alternative configuration (similar to the "defaultSettings.py" file) into the "custom" subdirectory of %appdata%\avidemux\ folder to be able to load these settings when needed from the "Custom" menu.

Otherwise just copy the content of the Avidemux program directory to a flash drive, remove the uninstaller ("Uninstall Avidemux VC++ 64bits" .dat, .exe and .ini) and rename "avidemux.exe" to "avidemux_portable.exe". That's all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version