Author Topic: Is there anyway to edit the Toolbar?  (Read 450 times)

bonkabonk

Is there anyway to edit the Toolbar?
« on: October 07, 2019, 01:17:40 PM »
I would like to add the buttons Open File, Close and Queue, and more if possible.  I mean, this is a LOT of wasted space, might as well use it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:22:26 PM by bonkabonk »

eumagga0x2a

Re: Is there anyway to edit the Toolbar?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
"Open File" is already present. For "Close" add e.g. actionCloseVideo mapped to ACT_CLOSE to the toolbar array and add actionCloseVideo to QToolBar toolBar in https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/master/avidemux/qt4/ADM_userInterfaces/ADM_gui/gui2.ui

Same for Queue (ACT_SAVE_QUEUE).

bonkabonk

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:08:11 PM »
thanks for the reply.  :)

How do i open the toolbar array, and how do i  add those things to the toolbar array? ???
is there a manual?

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
How do i open the toolbar array, and how do i  add those things to the toolbar array? ???

First of all you need a development environment – which means you start with installing a current Linux distribution of your choice. For least effort I would recommend Fedora or Ubuntu. Then you install git and clone Avidemux source, implement your changes using a text editor or an IDE of your choice. When you have achieved your goal for the Linux version of Avidemux, you can proceed with setting up MXE to cross-build it for Windows, see https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/master/cross-compiling.txt

is there a manual?

Qt documentation https://doc.qt.io for sure, as well as general experience in C++ development.

bonkabonk

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 08:09:38 PM »
Thanks, but perhaps you could've said that in Windows there's no way to edit the toolbar without recompiling stuff.
Just for curiosity's sake: if I would do this, how long would this take?
Given that I don't have C++ knowledge and that my programming days of third generation COBOL are 20 years ago.

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
Thanks, but perhaps you could've said that in Windows there's no way to edit the toolbar without recompiling stuff.

You didn't mention this limitation in your question.

Just for curiosity's sake: if I would do this, how long would this take?
Given that I don't have C++ knowledge and that my programming days of third generation COBOL are 20 years ago.

This completely depends on individual characteristics and persistence. Anything from a month to never.

It took me about 2 years from zero coding knowledge to a modest C++ fluency. You should fare better.